Where the **** is the silver key? (SPOILER!)

#11dacekidPosted 3/5/2014 3:21:51 PM
Don't feel bad TC, it took me a while to figure out I had to swap Butters into my party and give him a command. Didn't help that I couldn't understand Kenny mumbling.
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#12pinkincidePosted 3/6/2014 4:51:43 AM
They required you to switch to Butters, then use his previously unknown buddy powers. Or in other words, waste 20 minutes to bad player testing then give up and Google it.
#13Chariot_of_GodPosted 3/6/2014 6:21:04 AM
They do provide an emblem above the character indicating buddy powers (looks like a finger pointing at him); once I noticed that (which was fairly quick), tried kenny's power, didn't work, so immediately thought I'd try to use butters power, so went to menu to see if I could switch to butters.

Then, problem solved. You can tell that is what obsidian was expecting people to think when they ran into it; I'm just surprised at the people complaining because their hand wasn't held and told explicitly what to do.
---
XBone/360: OsC Binary
#14singhellotakuPosted 3/6/2014 6:47:46 AM
OhGood posted...
"how do you use the buddy command? I know you push Q, but wtf? What else do I have to do? I'm stuck."

When I see a poster asking questions like this on the console board two things immediately spring to mind.

1 - This guy made an honest mistake

2 - This guy is a pirate

I'm going to go with option #2

I don't know about that, when playing the ps3 version I found the hit detection on that specific buddy command to be a pain in the *** to trigger.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot
#15HiddenpalmPosted 3/6/2014 8:15:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16rockband221Posted 3/6/2014 8:21:06 PM
I see so many people stuck on this part but I got it immediately... I was already using Butters instead of Kenny though so maybe that's why.
---
I really wish I could change my user name.