What's the average Level when finishing the game???

#1bmagic3Posted 3/4/2014 6:49:33 PM
Is there a certain level cap or does it max out on 100? Just curious...
---
My Video Game Mixtape: [Mass Fx: Gamer Only Vol.1] http://hnhh.co/mfmfa
Kingdom Hearts Remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPOcry83GD8
#2DougyBPosted 3/4/2014 6:51:01 PM
It caps at 15 and you will likely hit it 3/4 of the way through the game. Maybe faster if you do a lot of side quests.
---
b
#3notimpPosted 3/4/2014 7:03:26 PM
There is a level cap at 15 (reached it a few hours ago). And leveling early is a two edged sword as the game pretty much scales all the way with you - but your loot doesnt - so you will be soon fighting higher level foes than the game will give you its placed weapons and armors for.

There are some places where you can aquire higher level stuff, but those are the three important stores in the game. Cartmans Store will give you Khans Armor (lv11?) which is pretty much my armor of choice so far. Jimbos Store will give you the high level Katana and Crossbow - and Kyles Store will sell some nice but not really noteworthy weapons and armor for the lower to the top end characters.

Apart from that a very valid end game strategy is to always stock up on Tweaks 2$ Coffes from the Coffee Shop as abusing extra turns on bosses is almost always worth it.

Butters last special (the "Transformation") has a wheel of fortune type outcome - where one of those ups your shields which almost always grants you a few extra turns without having to worry about defensive stuff. I only had to rely on it once so far - and thats with a charakter that always was about 4-5 Levels above the loot the game was dropping at that stage.

So thats the tip: Don't worry about leveling too much - the game gets harder if you do it too early.

For me it was especially noticeable at the lv14 to lv15 jump. At 14 I had a configuration that could always kill one of the "generic late game foes - that came in contact with the green goo" (no spoilers.. ;) ) in one heavy hit (maxed the build to do that, used Jimbos Katana) - then when I leveled up to lv15 the same enemy now always survives with about a 20th of its healthbar remaining.
#4Trancer HunterPosted 3/4/2014 7:18:32 PM
I always hate that leveling system that raising level early actually hurts you. I know it's meant to keep the story more challenging but I still think it's more fun to tackle the story prepared.
#5dacekidPosted 3/4/2014 7:24:47 PM
Trancer Hunter posted...
I always hate that leveling system that raising level early actually hurts you. I know it's meant to keep the story more challenging but I still think it's more fun to tackle the story prepared.

I agree, the scaling level system ruined FF8 for me. I had no idea it scaled and I like being overpowered...so you can guess how that worked out for me.
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#6notimpPosted 3/4/2014 7:26:36 PM
I feel the the same way - although this game has a special "try again" nature to it that almost always sets you right before the point where you died, so there is almost no forced replayability, and cutscenes (bosses) are skipable.

Nevertheless - some of the fun got lost by being presented with bosses which I had to develop the strategies above for. The game was cheesing me, so I was cheesing back. :)
#7RicewarriorZPosted 3/4/2014 8:22:50 PM
It's boggles my mind why developers bother with a scaling system.

A scaling system makes a leveling system redundant.

I get it, they're trying to keep difficulty consistent through out the game but a scaling system is a stupid solution. If the enemies are going to be statistically even with the player no matter how much the player levels up then just say **** all with the leveling system all together and keep everything statistically static. You'll end up getting the same results and save time.
---
Nintendo lives in their own world.
This is both good and bad.
#8LightHawKnightPosted 3/4/2014 8:29:26 PM
RicewarriorZ posted...

I get it, they're trying to keep difficulty consistent through out the game but a scaling system is a stupid solution. If the enemies are going to be statistically even with the player no matter how much the player levels up then just say **** all with the leveling system all together and keep everything statistically static. You'll end up getting the same results and save time.

Better gear and more ability choices at high levels man.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#9RicewarriorZPosted 3/4/2014 8:47:52 PM(edited)
LightHawKnight posted...
RicewarriorZ posted...

Better gear and more ability choices at high levels man.

There are other ways going about those without resorting to a leveling system.

Edit: And okay, if a leveling system was catered to those alone then that would be fine.
However, there's no point in having stat growths tied to a leveling system if you're going to make your enemies statically even with the player in terms of how difficult you want the game.
---
Nintendo lives in their own world.
This is both good and bad.
#10Trancer HunterPosted 3/5/2014 9:52:48 AM
this is a great game.
But scaling systems almost always ruin games for me, I think they just don't make sense to have.