"Dropping the Kids Off" Quest breaking glitch

#1AverageJoe236Posted 3/7/2014 11:11:15 AM
So I saved the girl and Simon and I beat the homeless people around cornwalis but all he's doing is still singing and when I go to talk to him all he screams is "Help". Reloading the checkpoint isnt an option either right now. Am I screwed?
---
PSN: DJCornbread22
I'm fit as a fiddle when I play with Mr. Diddles.
#2hurley4Posted 3/7/2014 11:14:20 AM
PS Button
Quit Game
Open Game
Continue
Fixed
?
---
PSN: ChristianFour
#3AverageJoe236(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 11:21:54 AM
hurley4 posted...
PS Button
Quit Game
Open Game
Continue
Fixed
?

Nah, that didnt work either
---
PSN: Ant-LiveSOAFB
#4hurley4Posted 3/7/2014 11:24:49 AM
Yikes man... that's tough. When you reload checkpoint, is it taking you right back to the same situation? Same with restarting?

Have you been using PS+ to backup your file each day?
---
#5AverageJoe236(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 11:28:52 AM
hurley4 posted...
Yikes man... that's tough. When you reload checkpoint, is it taking you right back to the same situation? Same with restarting?

Yea the same damn situation, I even left him alone and went back to him later after doing a few quest and advancing the damn story. I plan on running through the game a second time with the jew class so I guess it's not to bad but still I'd like to clear all the sidequests, thats how I get the most out my games and nah I dont have any back up saves
---
#6hurley4Posted 3/7/2014 11:31:20 AM
AverageJoe236 posted...
hurley4 posted...

Yea the same damn situation, I even left him alone and went back to him later after doing a few quest and advancing the damn story. I plan on running through the game a second time with the jew class so I guess it's not to bad but still I'd like to clear all the sidequests, thats how I get the most out my games and nah I dont have any back up saves

Disappointing to hear that. Sorry about your luck; the only positive is that it's isolated to you so far lol. I hope you figure out a way to get around it, but you are right about replay value. I'm playing this game multiple times for sure, you'll just have to bite that bullet on this playthrough. Mr Hankie was a side quest, right?
---
#7AverageJoe236(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 11:35:36 AM
hurley4 posted...
AverageJoe236 posted...
hurley4 posted...

Disappointing to hear that. Sorry about your luck; the only positive is that it's isolated to you so far lol. I hope you figure out a way to get around it, but you are right about replay value. I'm playing this game multiple times for sure, you'll just have to bite that bullet on this playthrough. Mr Hankie was a side quest, right?

Yeah it's a side quest, thank god it isnt a main one. Whats the likely hood they'll release a damn patch?
---
#8hurley4Posted 3/7/2014 11:49:25 AM
AverageJoe236 posted...
hurley4 posted...
AverageJoe236 posted...
hurley4 posted...

Yeah it's a side quest, thank god it isnt a main one. Whats the likely hood they'll release a damn patch?

Hard to say, but it could absolutely happen anytime.
---
#9Gmoney-Posted 3/7/2014 11:53:31 AM
This is an old man thing you'd think was an inate gamer thing we all learn.

Always have at least 3-4 multiple saves on the go over writing.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#10hurley4Posted 3/7/2014 12:06:26 PM
Gmoney- posted...
This is an old man thing you'd think was an inate gamer thing we all learn.

Always have at least 3-4 multiple saves on the go over writing.

It took me one time losing over 40 hours years ago. Ever since then, I always have the max number of saves. The cloud on PS+ really helps as well.
---