Attack the School quest: Cartman or Kyle?

#1sykoskitz0Posted 3/18/2014 8:32:22 PM
so i'm about to start the attack the school quest and i'm having a hard time deciding which side to choose. is there any specific benefit or equipment i would get for choosing a specific side? which one is best in your opinion?
#2dacekidPosted 3/18/2014 9:34:54 PM
Spoiler about the decision.

It doesn't make a difference since you join forces immediately after the choice.
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#3omescythePosted 3/18/2014 9:37:31 PM
doesn't matter which side you choose. it just effects who you have a boss fight with. you either fight stan or butters then you can pick to fight either cartman or kyle in either case.
#4slapper1Posted 3/18/2014 11:27:22 PM
Slight spoilers:

The overall conclusion is the same and much of the dialog is the same as well regardless of which side you pick with the exception of a few lines by Butters or Stan which are unique during that story mission. The only real difference is the bosses you fight (if you pick Cartman's side, you fight Stan, his dog and finally Kyle while if you pick Kyle's side, you fight Butters and finally Cartman although you can switch sides right before the final fight in the school for lols). You do get character specific weapons depending on if you fight Stan or Butters but at that point in the story, you have probably outleveled their usefulness.
---
Christmas sucks, end of story.
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#5sykoskitz0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 1:47:10 AM
ya i figured the weapons from either stan or butters were the only difference and ur right i don't really need either weapon although the ranger sword is better imo so i chose cartman's side. thanks everyone
#6Lobo_420Posted 3/19/2014 6:20:05 AM
It's not a long sequence. Make a save before and play both ways. Enjoy all of it.
#7robster_2005Posted 3/19/2014 6:31:33 AM
There's the different achievements/trophies as well - If you want to get both you should make a save right before the fight.
---
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666