trouble with learning new fart move from randy

#11BANGSBASSPosted 3/6/2014 4:52:01 AM
pretty sure it does indeed tell you to press a...
---
BASS ~Club CarDoor~
(BANGS) Make music with us! http://youtu.be/ZNj2apFVdL8
#12metraloPosted 3/6/2014 2:07:44 PM
BANGSBASS posted...
pretty sure it does indeed tell you to press a...

It does not. At all.
---
If it melts, it'll run away.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m678xx7Jg61r5zq6ao1_500.gif
#13thedude420Posted 3/6/2014 4:28:40 PM(edited)
i'm having problems with this stage too. for real, i love this game, but my whole game is now completely hindered from just this stupid ass part of the game. what was a real good game till this point has turned to complete crap unfortunately. i really had high hopes for this game but the over excessive use of a poorly thought out game play mechanic like this is just unappealing and nerve racking. it is not popularly flushed out and broken to the point that i never use it in combat for fear of so easily messing it up as its psycho easy to do. then to force the player to have to master these broken fart training segments now too stumbles the rest of the game play that has little or nothing to do with it short of removing barriers in the game world for me. i care nothing for the farting in the game and i'm sure others would agree too. yes, i know its a south park game. but what get worse is that you have to repeat the part where randy shows you over and over every time without being able to skip it. and the scene where you have to fart to the left of randy is long and dawn out too. seeing this some 30x in a row makes me wanna break my TV to shut him the f*** up. if the devs at least aloud you to skip him telling you every time this wouldn't be so bad then you would only have the crap mechanic to deal with. its just hard to explain this crap ass part of this f***ed game play.

if there even is an "A" event that pops up i can't get it to show. the fart just goes to the left and then drop and fails every time. no "A" event is ever triggered. i hold down on the right thumb stick and build up the fart slightly. a fart cloud shoots out of my ass. then i get the wavy lines going real fast with the left thumb stick, then the fart goes to the left of randy, as he spouts out useless bull crap and the fart cloud lands usually to the far left of randy and then fails every time. in all that movement the game never once shows the "A" button to be pressed when the fart cloud is in movement or when it lands on the floor. personally i think this is a game breaking bug and that the "A" never shows. i donno
#14scaggnastyPosted 3/6/2014 4:29:15 PM
I play on PC with a 360 controller and I found this part extremely frustrating due to lack of direction.

I couldn't figure out if I needed to use the left stick to sort of fan the fart or what. I eventually figured it out, just tilt the stick until the vibration on the controller goes crazy and at the end it shows you need to flip the right thumbstick upward.

that by far was the most difficult part of the game haha
---
Your father died a heroic death. For death while teabagging is the highest honor a spartan can achieve.
#15DankMoneyPosted 3/6/2014 4:38:42 PM(edited)
Took a few tries but it's not difficult.
Definitely not game-breaking, some of you are really exaggerating.
Hold down right stick, push left until the waves go crazy for a second, then either hit A or up on right stick when you're prompted not sure which one it was.
If it doesn't work you're doing it wrong
#16KingisLegendPosted 3/6/2014 5:10:20 PM
Ok people here is how it goes down, In the bathroom tutorial you do NOT press A. When you sneak into the Taco Bell Sight you DO press A. So let me break it down, In the bathroom press the R stick up when it's about to touch the ground and in the Taco Bell sight you press A not R stick to detonate.
#17scaggnastyPosted 3/6/2014 5:20:50 PM
KingisLegend posted...
Ok people here is how it goes down, In the bathroom tutorial you do NOT press A. When you sneak into the Taco Bell Sight you DO press A. So let me break it down, In the bathroom press the R stick up when it's about to touch the ground and in the Taco Bell sight you press A not R stick to detonate.

This is correct, I didn't realize that's where all the confusion was coming from, as that's not the part that I found difficult
---
Your father died a heroic death. For death while teabagging is the highest honor a spartan can achieve.
#18Spartan02UNSCPosted 3/6/2014 5:39:30 PM
I am having trouble learning from Randy how the hell do you do it? I saw a video and the person in the video did it without a problem why the hell am I having problems?
#19josh924Posted 3/6/2014 6:04:05 PM
I got it. You press A when using it in the field, not in the tutorial. You still need to push the right stick up in the tutorial.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#20Dictator_RichPosted 3/6/2014 7:00:33 PM
Ah, I thought I was the only one. I also had problems with this, and it definitely didn't tell you to press A during the tutorial, yet whenever you want to do it outside of the tutorial, you DO press A. That's some sloppy programming right there.
---
This user is awesome: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=16426426