trouble with learning new fart move from randy

#21PinchyfingersPosted 3/8/2014 10:23:17 AM
This Randy part is killing me. I signed up for an account on here JUST so I can complain and get some help. Even though I've already read everyone's replies and tried EVERYTHING.

I literally can not even touch R🔻 without it saying failure. Occasionally when I do get it to go down, it fails immediately after.

This was my favorite game in the world until I got to this part. I don't think I have ever spent so much time on ANY game as I have trying to get past this dumb ass sub quest crap that stops me from moving forward in the game.

Is there any chance they are going to fix this? Like can you download updates for games that aren't played online like this one?

I'm using it on PS3. Any new advice that I haven't already read on here?
#22FlamingBlurPosted 3/8/2014 11:00:38 AM
People are complaining about the difficulty of a tutorial? How do you people get by with minimal problem solving skills?
---
PSN: UnbelievaBlur
GT: ImpossiBlur
#23jungledeevaPosted 3/8/2014 11:23:59 AM(edited)
Seems dumb but I had huge difficulty last night with the first part of this tutorial last night so I gave up. Then I retried it this morning and got it first try....I THINK I held right stick down then pulled it up? I honestly don't even know. The second part I had zero problem with. It definitely tells you to press A to detonate after placing the fart.
---
Not changing this sig until the Toronto Maple Leafs win a cup
Started 2013
#24elzerodPosted 3/8/2014 11:23:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25Par2ivalPosted 3/8/2014 11:53:36 AM
OK - I've got it now (at least on my game).

Pull the right thumbstick down and hold it. Tilt the left stick so that the frequency goes crazy and keep it there. Do not make any adjustments - you cannot control its direction.

The game will then prompt you to tilt the right thumb stick up when the fart reaches the other side of the bathroom. Not behind Randy now, but where he WAS standing.

It's a problem to figure this out because what it want you to do is not what Randy does. Really aggravating"
#26coldwinePosted 3/8/2014 5:11:08 PM
Yeah I had issues too but just keep trying; btw it helps if you turn off the sound while stuck, otherwise your head might explode from the repetition.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#27demakaPosted 3/8/2014 10:03:18 PM
jungledeeva posted...
Seems dumb but I had huge difficulty last night with the first part of this tutorial last night so I gave up. Then I retried it this morning and got it first try....I THINK I held right stick down then pulled it up? I honestly don't even know. The second part I had zero problem with. It definitely tells you to press A to detonate after placing the fart.

This part makes no sense. Everyone on here keeps saying the first part is like the original farting tutorial, but it's not. To fart you hold DOWN on the right stick, but in the bathroom it's telling you to push up on the first part. No matter what direction I hit Randy says i'm doing it wrong and it starts me over.
#28flipmode_1Posted 3/8/2014 10:05:54 PM
My problem is Randy says to make the fart go BEHIND him. So I kept trying to steer it so it went directly behind him. NOT on the other side of the screen like they want. Completely ignore everything on the screen but the button prompt. Just hold the right stick down, then make the left stick find the crazy waves and vibration until you see it say to flick up on right stick. This part drove me ****ing nuts.
---
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk 3DS-4382-1981-6727
#29Jangalang21Posted 3/8/2014 10:54:43 PM
I am having absolutely no luck with this. I am playing on PC with just the keyboard. During the tutorial it's seems that I don't even need to press A and D and it works just fine, but when I have to do it after the tutorial I am button mashing and trying my best to get it down with no luck. I only got past the first 2 fart teachings by pure accident, I just wish I didn't have to spend countless time and dozens of tries to get past this when in the long run you don't even have to perform these annoying tasks to use any of the fart skills. I will try to borrow an X box controller from a friend and try it that way. If it doesn't work that way either, I guess just try until it works, in the mean time getting the hardcore rage.
#30ThondiGLPosted 3/9/2014 4:47:57 AM
Hello guys!
I've had problems with that part, too, until I realized how easy it was. It seems that a lot of you didn't realize, that in the first tutorial, you don't have to do anything with the left stick. All you have to do is pull the right stick down, and push it up when the game says so. After that, you shall follow Randy's instructions, and you shall not have any more problems completing the tutorial.
ps. I didn't make it to the taco bell mission yet, so I can't help you with that.

Thondi