Best Thief skills?

#1RoninzetaPosted 3/10/2014 10:46:37 PM
I get bleeding is important, but I'm not sure what to focus on. So far, Mug seems underwhelming, though stun is nice.
#2otakon2006Posted 3/10/2014 11:11:07 PM
Mug is good for the Stun and status effect steal. Backstab isn't that useful as you can do the same with weapons later on with a Bleeding patch equipped. Execute is a given for the armor and shield stripping, Rotten Eggs is okay. The final skill is really just flashy.
---
Friend Code: 1607 2343 7047
#3Mystickay86Posted 3/10/2014 11:17:08 PM
otakon2006 posted...
Mug is good for the Stun and status effect steal. Backstab isn't that useful as you can do the same with weapons later on with a Bleeding patch equipped. Execute is a given for the armor and shield stripping, Rotten Eggs is okay. The final skill is really just flashy.

thanks for your description. Max out mug? :P
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#4otakon2006Posted 3/10/2014 11:39:08 PM
Mystickay86 posted...
otakon2006 posted...

thanks for your description. Max out mug? :P

Max out Mug. It won't work on bosses but it does good damage against normal enemies even with high armor, it stuns them for several turns and gives you a small heal along with stealing any beneficial status effects they have.
---
Friend Code: 1607 2343 7047
#5TheGlowPosted 3/11/2014 4:55:44 AM
Yea Mug up, I think the last point is longer duration. Some boss fights have minions you can just Mug to stun and keep them down for a bit. Also it seems to ignore armor so theres a bonus there. Stealing a buff seems eh. I think i only did that twice because most stopped using them later on.
Backstab is good but not all the way. Last is bonus vs stunned but if you can stun it, its not a boss and you will kill it quick anyways. Extra stacks is ehh as I use a thrown item with +bleed/gross/fire.
For me the hard fights was just bleed/fire or gross them out, stun if possible and then backstab it.
#6DartDragoonPosted 3/11/2014 7:18:52 AM
I never put any point in Mug and i'm doing just fine. Backstab is really the big boss killer move. Death from above (i think ? the 3rd skill) is really useful to break shield/reduce armor/buff attack up. Rotten eggs when leveled up is pretty nice. Death by a thousand cut isn't that good, but if there's one enemy, it gives them 5 bleed stacks instantly, which could be really useful
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4:Vega BB:Arakune UMvC3:TaskMaster / Haggar / Trish
#7TheGlowPosted 3/11/2014 7:38:41 AM
DartDragoon posted...
I never put any point in Mug and i'm doing just fine. Backstab is really the big boss killer move. Death from above (i think ? the 3rd skill) is really useful to break shield/reduce armor/buff attack up. Rotten eggs when leveled up is pretty nice. Death by a thousand cut isn't that good, but if there's one enemy, it gives them 5 bleed stacks instantly, which could be really useful

1000 cuts bleed is still mediocre as the cost is 20pp for bleed. Where as I just put a +bleed on a throw item that hits multi targets.
#8DartDragoonPosted 3/11/2014 7:54:51 AM
There isn't always multiple targets and you can reduce it's PP cost if you level it up all the way
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4:Vega BB:Arakune UMvC3:TaskMaster / Haggar / Trish
#9magemaximusPosted 3/11/2014 7:59:21 AM
Playing thief so far and I would have to agree with maxing out mug. Max out the last skill too. Backstabbing and the slime ball one or whatever aren't too good. I would just out to points in backstabbing.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#10magemaximusPosted 3/11/2014 8:02:34 AM
Death from above is good too.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~