Game length?

#1masterjjxPosted 2/25/2014 6:35:31 PM
Anyone have any idea on the length of the game? Is there a new game plus of some sort?
---
"Those who believe are only fools."
- Keough - Ragnorok The Animation
#2aaronreason1987Posted 2/25/2014 7:36:51 PM
I think I heard somewhere it was 12-15 hours depending on your play style. (though it could be longer if you take your time and search ever nook and cranny). If I find where I saw that I'll come back and post the link, so take it with a grain of salt until further notice. But I'm 90% sure thats what I heard from a site
---
psn - haron2005 (add me)
#3aaronreason1987Posted 2/25/2014 7:38:45 PM
Now I'm seeing 20-40 hours and 50+, but its all conjecture. Sorry
---
psn - haron2005 (add me)
#4mikeroyce34Posted 2/25/2014 9:05:20 PM
This game has been in development 4 years with THQ working on it for 3, then Obsidian for the last year. This has me worried because THQ has made some crappy games and Obsidian has taken over but at the same time, this game was supposed to be released a while ago, so THQ is the main developer. Matt and Trey boil down to 14 episodes a season (year) except for this last season (10). This is about 4 to 5 hours a year after edited content. Knowing Matt and Trey and being a die hard South Park fan, I am going to say between 12 and 15 hours of main quests with 10 hours of side quests. I will be disappointed with anything less than 10 hours of story and 5 hours side.
#5Dark_GuillaumePosted 2/25/2014 11:52:44 PM
If I remember correctly, THQ only had the rights to the game and Obsidian were the ones who developed it from the beginning. The game did not change developers but editors.
#6SynapsisPosted 2/26/2014 1:47:47 AM
The new Final Fantasy is listed at about 45 hours and it's strategy guide is smaller that stick of truth's.
#7mikeroyce34Posted 2/26/2014 3:52:57 AM
Dark_Guillaume posted...
If I remember correctly, THQ only had the rights to the game and Obsidian were the ones who developed it from the beginning. The game did not change developers but editors.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I'm pretty sure it was THQ until they went under then Obsidian took over.
#8JimdbPosted 2/26/2014 4:17:12 AM(edited)
mikeroyce34 posted...
Dark_Guillaume posted...

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I'm pretty sure it was THQ until they went under then Obsidian took over.

Nope, THQ was always the publisher, never the developer. Obsidian was the developer from the beginning.

EDIT: Here is a link from 2011. Can't bother to find any earlier ones.

http://kabooooom.com/2011/12/news-thq-announces-south-park-rpg/

Obsidian was approached by Trey Parker and Matt Stone themselves, apparently.

And the THQ downfall did have some effect on Obsidian, with lay offs and restructurations, but the thing is that it was always Obsidian developing the game.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#9SnajgerPosted 2/26/2014 5:48:21 AM
Obsidian has indeed always been the developer of the game. THQ were the publisher until they went under, and Ubisoft bought the rights to publish it.
#10mikeroyce34Posted 2/26/2014 10:32:07 AM
Snajger posted...
Obsidian has indeed always been the developer of the game. THQ were the publisher until they went under, and Ubisoft bought the rights to publish it.

Oh I see. Well they make great games. Still very worried about the length. Probably won't know until Tuesday. Anyone know when the embargo is lifted