manual saves are broken

#1DigitalIncisionPosted 3/4/2014 12:05:26 AM
manual saves are basically useless. they only save what happens when you first entered a place ... just tested multiple times after doing tutorial, saved it, reloaded and it was before the tutorial.

this means if you have multiple saves ... well you can't. because checkpoints are the only worthwhile means of saving, and they automatically override.

welp.
---
Digi
Board 8 Late Night Crew [LNC]
#2Crimson PhantomPosted 3/5/2014 6:06:03 PM
yup
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#3mrfatsoPosted 3/5/2014 6:18:19 PM
it's strange, we are at 2014, you think that a proper save system would be in place by then, but then again, this is Obsidian Entertainment we are talking about, i guess since this game isnt that glitchy, they had to compensate with something else.
#4ZetgobPosted 3/5/2014 9:36:58 PM
Uh you can still have multiple saves, it will just save to that checkpoint. Manual saves are not automatically overwritten.

The fact that it is tied to checkpoint would normally bother me, but there are so many checkpoints, almost every area change gives you one.
#5otakon2006Posted 3/5/2014 11:20:16 PM
Zetgob posted...
Uh you can still have multiple saves, it will just save to that checkpoint. Manual saves are not automatically overwritten.

The fact that it is tied to checkpoint would normally bother me, but there are so many checkpoints, almost every area change gives you one.

Except for when you grab something, go to fight a boss in an area you leave and can't come back to, LOSE and then forget to grab the something again before you go back in and whup it's behind. Which is what happened to me and screwed me out of not one but TWO achievements on the first time through.
---
Friend Code: 1607 2343 7047
#6OkamiakuPosted 3/6/2014 8:36:15 AM
The saves specificaly say that they always load you back to the last checkpoint.
---
- Black Shuck - Member of Black Hounds Hunting team
I walk the Darkest of Paths, that of Eternal Death..
#7magemaximusPosted 3/6/2014 9:39:11 PM
it goes by checkpoints. it is a stupid save system though.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#8magemaximusPosted 3/6/2014 9:40:16 PM
it goes by checkpoints. it is a stupid save system though.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~