RIP DIRT franchise

#1gm914Posted 5/1/2012 3:55:55 PM
Just what was that abomination of a demo I just played?
Did someone at CM find a generic, previously canned launch title from 2006 and said "screw it, let's slap the DIRT tag on it and release it , someone will buy it"

For shame.
---
SH_NANIG_NS! Just add EA.
#2mikechips911Posted 5/1/2012 5:14:31 PM
you are aware they are making a Dirt 4 it's in the works
---
PSN ID = I-Fling-Poo-At-U
#3RapaleemanPosted 5/2/2012 6:42:20 AM
It wasn't that bad. The game is functional and looks great. Gameplay was on par with Dirt 3. Maybe not a deep in terms of gameplay (it was really simplistic) but it is what it is.

In reality I'm looking forward to the Joyride and Gymkhana sections. Joyride appears to be multiple locations that operate like the Battersea compound from Dirt 3. So basically Tony Hawk with rally cars. As long as there are a decent number of levels I'm for this project.

Gymkhana now apears to offer both stunt events and race events which look good based on a few previews and product descriptions floating around the net.
---
"Jazz to Moonbase 2! Jazz to Moonbase 2!"
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#4Maxim_NighthawkPosted 5/30/2012 7:38:37 AM
The named it DIRT showdown instead of Dirt 4 for a good reason.
From what I learned its more of a spin-off then a sequel.
---
A frue Lufia 2 fan
#5DARKTRINITYxxPosted 5/31/2012 8:45:03 AM
TC needs to learn the meaning of spinoff. Is it called DIRT 4 ? No its called DIRT SHOWDOWN.
---
360 GT : DTxx : SFXT MAIN : POISON : PLAYING : SKYRIM, FINALFANTASY XIII 2, MASS EFFECT 3, KOA THE RECKONING, FORZA 4, SILENT HILL DOWNPOUR. DIRT 3.
#6Xuande12Posted 6/1/2012 11:16:37 AM
Nothing like a heavy dose of
Overreaction!