Release Date Hint?

#1ReZipsPosted 10/12/2012 12:25:57 PM
Hey everyone. IGN posted an article about how there will be a comic book series put on on the history of Ellie. The release date for this (NOT the game) is Spring 2013. Now the article and game designers clearly point out that this is NOT indicative of when the game will come out, but something tells me it may help us narrow down the date somewhat. I would assume based on the timing of this that ND would expect the game to ship no later than Summer 2013.

My reasoning for this is that I don't believe they would release this comic a full 2 or 3 seasons before they release the game. My hope (and best guess) would be Spring 2013, just to be in conjunction with this release, but Summer would be possible so that the comic could act as a hype-building vehicle. But I don't see this coming out in Fall or Winter of 2013 because of the 6 month plus gap, which seems illogical from a sales perspective. Just a thought.
---
"95% of all quotes are attributed to the wrong person ~ Abraham Lincoln
#2Rojo_Posted 10/14/2012 2:21:20 PM
ReZips posted...
Hey everyone. IGN posted an article about how there will be a comic book series put on on the history of Ellie. The release date for this (NOT the game) is Spring 2013. Now the article and game designers clearly point out that this is NOT indicative of when the game will come out, but something tells me it may help us narrow down the date somewhat. I would assume based on the timing of this that ND would expect the game to ship no later than Summer 2013.

My reasoning for this is that I don't believe they would release this comic a full 2 or 3 seasons before they release the game. My hope (and best guess) would be Spring 2013, just to be in conjunction with this release, but Summer would be possible so that the comic could act as a hype-building vehicle. But I don't see this coming out in Fall or Winter of 2013 because of the 6 month plus gap, which seems illogical from a sales perspective. Just a thought.

I thought it was already confirmed for an early 2013 release
---
PSN: Rojo-_- /state you're a Gf's user in your friend request.
#3AJnolPosted 10/15/2012 9:57:39 AM
According to GameFAQs the release date is somewhere in Q1 2013. I also remember reading something about March 2013.
#4ReZips(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2012 12:32:46 PM
Hmm...in interviews I always heard somewhere in 2013. Topics on this board talk about summer or even winter. Can anyone show me where it's confirmed that it'll be Q1 or Spring?
---
"95% of all quotes are attributed to the wrong person ~ Abraham Lincoln
#5biohazardoud856Posted 10/17/2012 12:40:57 PM
To my knowledge, Naughty Dog has only specified "2013." Anything else has just been assumptions drawn upon by other people. It's certainly not the first time that it's happened -- and you just know that if it isn't out as early as what some people hope, you are going to hear talk of how it was "delayed". I've seen that happen with more then a few different games, despite no release date ever being mentioned by the developer.
#6vivalatourPosted 10/20/2012 9:05:50 AM
I am willing to bet april - may ? and then I sure would like Watch Dogs soon after or actually before ! because my 3rd person games are few and far between ! ...
Hitman - Tomb Raider- The Last of US / Watch Dogs - GTA 5 ? and I still am hoping for AGENT ! ... The Last of US will rule ! CAN YOU DIG IIIIIIIIT ?