Weapon Upgrades!

#1ReAlignedPosted 6/1/2013 6:37:31 AM
I've made a topic a while ago here hoping that ND would add some sort of upgrade system and after watching a demo video that showed off the "Workbench" where you can upgrade your guns, crafting skills, speed, etc. I'm very happy now! Games like Uncharted are amazing but adding something to work for like upgrades makes the game even more satisfying. Tomb Raider did it pretty well. Anyways...I'm just happy there's an upgrade system in the game, anyone else agree?
#2Razor2602Posted 6/1/2013 6:46:58 AM
ReAligned posted...
I've made a topic a while ago here hoping that ND would add some sort of upgrade system and after watching a demo video that showed off the "Workbench" where you can upgrade your guns, crafting skills, speed, etc. I'm very happy now! Games like Uncharted are amazing but adding something to work for like upgrades makes the game even more satisfying. Tomb Raider did it pretty well. Anyways...I'm just happy there's an upgrade system in the game, anyone else agree?

Depends how powerful they get if they get to the point where strategy isnt needed i think itll be a downer
#3GuiltySoul2005Posted 6/1/2013 12:57:54 PM
Actually I though the tomb raider upgrade system was quite poor. The concept was great sure, but my biggest problem was the fact you finalise the upgrades towards the very end of the game so you have very little to do with them. The lack of a new game plus screwed it.

Hopefully TLOU will be more generous with the upgrades or have a new game plus.
#4ReAligned(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 7:26:15 PM
The upgrades in Tomb Raider weren't amazing or anything but I was happy that they were there. Something to work for ya know? TLOU seems like there's a pretty good amount of upgrades available to keep things going throughout the game. Also new game+ makes me happy as well. I was disappointed a lot with Tomb Raider for not having a new game+.
#5K1llS1gnalPosted 6/2/2013 7:56:49 PM
What the heck is new game plus? in my head i'm seeing starting a new game with all acquired upgrades?
#6ReAligned(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 7:51:24 AM
K1llS1gnal posted...
What the heck is new game plus? in my head i'm seeing starting a new game with all acquired upgrades?

New Game+ is about having all your upgrades (if you have them all after your previous play through) and playing through a harder game with tougher enemies.