Single player DLC

#1immortaltech6Posted 6/5/2013 1:24:31 AM
Anyone have details on the single player "story DLC" they announced in the season pass? First time they're doing that as Uncharted only had MP DLC.
#2vivalatourPosted 6/5/2013 1:27:53 AM
I got a tomb in tombraider , I sure hope this DLC is much more than that ? no I have not heard anything more ... just saying ...
#3immortaltech6(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 10:55:17 AM(edited)
Was looking this up today and found this on their own page:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_pre_order_the_digital_edition_and_the_dlc_season_pass/

"For the first time ever we’ll be offering single player DLC. The journey and cast of characters in The Last of Us lends itself to thorough narrative exploration and we’ve got more of the story to tell. The two other DLC packs will feature multiplayer content in the form of additional multiplayer maps and other expansions."

So...yea.
#4GuyFawkes5Posted 6/5/2013 10:56:35 AM
so basically nothing special lol
#5immortaltech6(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 11:15:16 AM
I'm not buying an incomplete game now. MP DLC I don't care but if its single player you can bet your ass I'm gonna wait or pass altogether. RENT.
#6Yomonachi4Posted 6/5/2013 11:17:02 AM
immortaltech6 posted...
I'm not buying an incomplete game now. MP DLC I don't care but if its single player you can bet your ass I'm gonna wait or pass altogether. RENT.

What if the price is great for a lot more hours (DLC)?
#7IrishSpectre_N7Posted 6/5/2013 11:18:12 AM(edited)
immortaltech6 posted...

You have no idea what the DLC is and you're already whining about it being an incomplete game. Please try to understand how ignorant you look.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ySRZ2DJ.png
#8riddlebox89Posted 6/5/2013 11:36:02 AM
immortaltech6 posted...

Game went gold weeks ago, meaning it's reading to be printed on discs and shipped to retailers, the DLC was announced after it was already finished and seeing as it's included with the season pass, the actual DLC hasn't been finished yet and it's being made after the game itself is done.

You're not getting an incomplete game, games already complete, if you weren't so ignorant you'd have figured that out before posting such ridiculousness.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#9immortaltech6(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 12:21:35 PM
Lol, I'm ignorant for presenting quoted text from the developer's own website along with providing a link to back it up? And then forming and presenting my opinion after that factual post because it is my thread? Quotes which specifically state "single player DLC" along with the words "more story to tell." Interpretation is a dying skill indeed. Presentation of facts is whining now too.

It is an incomplete game as in its not the whole package. Especially when the DLC is announced months prior to release. You defend this practice with the same industry rhetoric they spew, doesn't make a difference. Blue is blue.

If you shills and blind ND inFANts weren't so transparent, you might actually absorb some light.
#10riddlebox89Posted 6/5/2013 12:42:04 PM
immortaltech6 posted...
Lol, I'm ignorant for presenting quoted text from the developer's own website along with providing a link to back it up? And then forming and presenting my opinion after that factual post because it is my thread? Quotes which specifically state "single player DLC" along with the words "more story to tell." Interpretation is a dying skill indeed. Presentation of facts is whining now too.

It is an incomplete game as in its not the whole package. Especially when the DLC is announced months prior to release. You defend this practice with the same industry rhetoric they spew, doesn't make a difference. Blue is blue.

If you shills and blind ND inFANts weren't so transparent, you might actually absorb some light.

Yes interpretation is a dying skill needed because you're misinterperating "Single player DLC" and "More story to tell." as meaning "DLC that was made along with the game and intentionally left out to be released later." that's like saying that any of Bethesdas games are incomplete just because they've released several DLC expansions for them, but guess what? The games are complete without them, the DLC is exactly what it is, expansions, same thing as all those things for The Sims.

And you haven't presented any facts that the single player DLC was being made alongside the game and intentionally left out, it's an expansion of the story, hell games that have had story expansions like Arkham City, Dead Space 3, Dishonored, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Oblivion/Skyrim, Deus Ex Human Revolution, GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, are all complete games without the DLC which only serves to expand on the story the main game gives.

"Announced months prior to release." Umm...the DLC wasn't even announced a full month ago yet, hell I doubt it's barely even been longer than three weeks and by the time the game comes out it would only be a month and a half so that's barely announcing something months before the game is released.

Of course it doesn't make a difference, since you're still being ignorant, do you have inside information about the single player DLC that we don't know about? No because judging by your attitude, you don't work for Naughty Dog and they wouldn't even consider hiring you, do you know whether it's something that deals with one of the non-playable characters? Or what goes on after the ending? No you don't. So you're being ignorant by saying that it's an incomplete game based only on the fact that they've announced single player DLC, which we know absolutely nothing about.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.