How do I switch from throwable item to melee board/pipe?!

#11cramycramPosted 6/15/2013 9:25:50 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
cramycram posted...
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of what titles like CoD and other mindless, hand-holding games has done to people.

ironic since this game is pretty much made for the mainstream gamer who cares more about hollywood style presentation over gameplay....

Im not bashing the game but is downright hilarious acting like of all games TLOU is some hardcore game lol....

ALso Im willing to bet you played cod before it became cool to hate.....like the vast majority around here lol

I never said this game was hardcore. The fact that a player can't figure out how to swing a melee weapon (even when there is an in-game tutorial telling you how) and has to resort to asking about it on here is pretty sad. Not that I have to explain myself to you, but I haven't played a CoD since the first Black Ops, and even then I only played the campaign since the online community for those games is a cesspool. And even then, it was a crappy game.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/Thursday21987
#12myothracntwsbndPosted 6/16/2013 10:09:05 AM
SyphonFilterAddict posted...
cramycram posted...
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of what titles like CoD and other mindless, hand-holding games has done to people.

Not really, the inventory system is confusing as all hell. There's not even a holster weapon. At least none that I can figure out.

Common sense for anyone would be, if you're holding your gun and you swing it, you'll pistol whip an enemy. NOT, the game puts it away and you hit them with a 2x4.

The inventory system is confusing? jesus... Karleo is right

Never try Dark Souls.
---
Numbskull.
#13PensatoPosted 6/16/2013 10:11:49 AM
CollCrofter posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
cramycram posted...

ironic since this game is pretty much made for the mainstream gamer who cares more about hollywood style presentation over gameplay....

Im not bashing the game but is downright hilarious acting like of all games TLOU is some hardcore game lol....

ALso Im willing to bet you played cod before it became cool to hate.....like the vast majority around here lol

Gun him all you want, fact is he has made a valid point.

It's not valid because TLoU's gameplay is super basic.
#14BeastLeeAdamsPosted 6/16/2013 10:12:51 AM
This is a valid point. It's a very stupid system. Still don't understand it.
---
"Go die. Everyone should go die.
Brb. Dying." - NashtheLion
#15MyDogSkipPosted 6/16/2013 10:14:09 AM
I do wish there was a way to switch directly back to melee without meleeing and also a way to sheath your weapon without having to wait for Joel to do it.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#16cramycramPosted 6/16/2013 10:18:05 AM
Pensato posted...
CollCrofter posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
cramycram posted...

Gun him all you want, fact is he has made a valid point.

It's not valid because TLoU's gameplay is super basic.

Did you even read what you just typed? If anything, you just proved my point further. The fact that it's very basic at its core and TC can't figure it out says a lot.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/Thursday21987
#17vind3dPosted 6/16/2013 10:27:13 AM
cramycram posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
cramycram posted...

...The fact that a player can't figure out how to swing a melee weapon (even when there is an in-game tutorial telling you how) and has to resort to asking about it on here is pretty sad...

TC did not ask how to swing a melee weapon. They asked how to switch the melee weapon from stick to brick.
---
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.