If this is what the gaming industry sees as a 10, we're

#1ITPPosted 6/16/2013 1:28:24 AM(edited)
EDIT: Title got cut off, it should say "we're in trouble"

Warning: minor spoilers for up to 30% of the game.

I've bought this game digitally for the full 60$ price, and so far, despite enjoying the SP experience and getting to the second part of Bill's town, I have encountered the following issues:

Bugs & glitches:
First attempt to play the game, got all the way up to a third of the game on hard, and then lost all of my progress to the no-save glitch (this alone is enough to almost ruin the experience for me. not putting a timeout on a client server function that blocks manual saving is unforgivably bad programming. people should get fired over this.)

During the game - enemy got punched into a wall during the dock fight sequence.

Joel climbed over a door and clipped through the ceiling.

White light keeps showing in gaps between objects.

Ellie takes a long time to get on the raft in the underwater area.

not personally encountered - 15-17 of the games 24 trophies have been reported glitched by some person or other over at PS3Trophies.org

Issues with the game that are not bugs/Glitches:
Enemies take an unrealistic amount of bullets to kill, even human enemies keep coming after being shot in the foot or close to the head with zero delay.

Enemies often do not see Ellie and Tess, despite both of them running in front of covers in plain sight instead of behind cover. this completely ruins the effect of stealth.

related to above - enemies ALWAYS prefer you to Ellie and Tess, for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Enemies that have guns will often die without dropping anything, not the gun, not any ammo, nothing! This was NEVER the case in the uncharted series.

Enemies that don't have guns (i.e. runners and clickers) will often die and drop ammo, again, this was NEVER the case in the uncharted series.

I have multiple other issues with the game, but these are the worst that come to mind. it just boggles my mind that something like this could get 10s just because it had good plot or characters (I'm not even seeing that thus far, plot has been completely generic and over done, and while both Ellie and Joel are good characters, they're far from groundbreaking or amazing)
#2ReignOfDestinyPosted 6/16/2013 1:25:11 AM
Sucks that happened to you. Might want to check into your disc or system.

I had problems with my backwards compatible PS3 but when I got my slim I didn't have any glitches from said previous games that gave glitches.

Only thing I've had so far was a freeze.. but it was because all three of my nail bombs went off at once while there were a bunch of dead bodies nearby... so I probably deserved that one.
#3GodSlayer66Posted 6/16/2013 1:41:34 AM
When are people going to understand that bugs and glitches are not a new phenomena for this generation.
#4juzziebPosted 6/16/2013 1:46:15 AM
OK TS, tell me what you call a 10 in this gen and i'll tell you it's flaws.
#5ITP(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 1:50:53 AM
GodSlayer66 posted...
When are people going to understand that bugs and glitches are not a new phenomena for this generation.

I don't mind bugs an glitches, but I've never had one cause me to lose 4 hours of progress.

This is worse than post patch skyrim.
#6kewldude475Posted 6/16/2013 1:51:38 AM
Actually, it sees it as a 9.5, according to Metacritic.
---
If you value owning your property, and being able to do what you want with it, don't buy the Xbox One. Do the gaming community a favor.
#7Stouffer1Posted 6/16/2013 1:58:22 AM
I finished with one hard freeze (probably ps3 anyway) and 1 place where I couldn't contie as Ellie disappeared. Only bugs I found.

The ammo thing makes sense. Enemies without guns probably had them pre infection. Enemies with would also have limited ammo, so probably not worth scavenging.

This is actually the first game in years I've agreed with the reviews. It's a true masterpiece from start to finish. My main gripe is there were a few missed opportunities, like stumbling on a massive battle between hunters and infected, where you choose fight or see who wins for example.
#8MuflagginPosted 6/16/2013 1:59:31 AM
Naughty Dog and Bethesda constantly get free rides and passes when it comes to reviews. It's pretty aggravating seeing other games get knocked for **** they both do.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#9GodSlayer66Posted 6/16/2013 1:59:41 AM
ITP posted...
GodSlayer66 posted...

I don't mind bugs an glitches, but I've never had one cause me to lose 4 hours of progress.

This is worse than post patch skyrim.

I also suffered the autosave bug. Was damn annoying.
To be fair it was not an ingame bug. It was a server-side issue that they fixed day one. I don't know how long you have been gaming but the term "Game breaking bug" is not new this generation. There are plenty of bugs that caused people to start over in all of the previous generations of gaming.

juzzieb posted...
OK TS, tell me what you call a 10 in this gen and i'll tell you it's flaws.

Anyone who uses the score 10/10 to mean a flawless and absolutely perfect game should reconsider their scoring system because such games don't exist. There is no point to a score that you can't give.
#10ZyloWolfBanePosted 6/16/2013 2:00:20 AM
No, we were in trouble when games like CoD started calling in 10s and 9s for their yearly releases.

THIS is actually something original and made by a great dev team.
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~