How in the hell could anyone even consider giving this a 10/10..?

#1raimi_acePosted 6/18/2013 1:43:39 AM(edited)
without being paid-off? The gameplay is stale and repetitive, the story is unoriginal as hell, The AI and loading times are atrocious... I mean, it just isn't that good, plain and simple. There is nothing revolutionary about this game. It is not perfect in any way possible. It was more of headache to finish the game then an enjoyable experience.
---
Wii U: Beard-Man
#2TheSuperLotionPosted 6/18/2013 1:38:02 AM
No.
---
Science flies men to the moon, religion flies men into buildings
#3NinjaGamer_23Posted 6/18/2013 1:38:10 AM
Maybe you play the game commando style.
#4LLink2411Posted 6/18/2013 1:38:15 AM
Just pay attention to the story, ignore the gameplay, and try some multiplayer.

I guarantee your opinion will change for the better.
---
A thread I made that deserves to be read, it brings up a very common problem:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652686-the-last-of-us/66482444
#5MyPhantomilePosted 6/18/2013 1:38:58 AM
I think the scores are a bit fluffed up to be honest, but the game at its core is a good one. The only real loading time you see is at the start of the game before loading it up, after then it's smooth sailing.
#6peter_888Posted 6/18/2013 1:40:05 AM
LLink2411 posted...

whats the point of playing the game if you have the ignore the gameplay in order to enjoy it.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#7jgrulzPosted 6/18/2013 1:41:35 AM
And TC , just like the reviewers that is your OPINION.
#8ToadWarriorPosted 6/18/2013 1:41:52 AM
It's a great game, and I'm honestly glad it's getting killer reviews so more people will play it..

But I think you have to take the scores with a grain of salt. 10/10 is PERFECT, and this game has some (minor) flaws.
#9raimi_ace(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 1:42:46 AM
LLink2411 posted...

But that's the problem: the gameplay is the most vital component to a game, and the gameplay in this game is completely generic! The presentation is the only decent part of this game. The story is a total Walking Dead, Halo: First Strike (Sg. Johnson immuntiy to flood but Master Chief decides not to sell him out) rip off! There is nothing new, fresh or invigorating in this game. It's just an injustice to the gaming public to label this game as "perfect" or a "masterpiece."
---
Wii U: Beard-Man
#10SykoslocosXRZPosted 6/18/2013 1:44:36 AM
its boring to people who dont like sneaking and/or tactically finding a way through a place full of enemies and tension, and people who dont expect to be doing that the whole game long

that's their mistake, not the games'
---
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland