David and Ellie (Spoilers)

#11mistrfantasyPosted 6/18/2013 4:00:26 PM
i don't think he was a pedophile, he said she was special b/c he saw how good she was at killing people. He IS a canibal
#12KimocheeseburgePosted 6/18/2013 4:02:20 PM
Yeah, David is the most misunderstood character in the game. I didn't see any indication that he was going to rape Ellie at the end of Winter, just go all Jason on her.
#13docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 4:02:20 PM
mistrfantasy posted...
i don't think he was a pedophile, he said she was special b/c he saw how good she was at killing people. He IS a canibal

maybe he does admire that, but that scene is plain obvious he was looking for some fun.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#14devak108Posted 6/18/2013 4:05:19 PM(edited)
mistrfantasy posted...

It's STRONGLY implied that he was a pedo. Ellie was referred to by his men as David's "new pet" and he creepily touched her when he said she was "special". Then we have Ellie telling Joel "he was about to.." in his murder scene.If he wasn't a pedo I don't know what is.
---
Sony Ultimate Troll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6eOa812mYA
#15docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 4:14:34 PM(edited)
Kimocheeseburge posted...
Yeah, David is the most misunderstood character in the game. I didn't see any indication that he was going to rape Ellie at the end of Winter, just go all Jason on her.

not rape, he was asking her to be "his" girl. Huge difference there.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#16hyperknees91Posted 6/18/2013 4:11:46 PM
devak108 posted...
mistrfantasy posted...

It's STRONGLY implied that he was a pedo. Ellie was referred to by his men as David's "new pet" and he creepily touched her when he said she was "special". Then we have Ellie telling Joel "he was about to.." in his murder scene.If he wasn't a pedo I don't know what is.

Plus by the look on elies face after he grabbed her hand. It's pretty obvious she knew his intentions.
---
PSN tag hyperknees
#17sora364Posted 6/19/2013 2:44:18 AM
I am now convinced no one on this board knows what "pedophilia" is denoted as, aside from the mainstream diction of an adult harboring sexual interest in any "underaged" demographic. My 35 year old grandfather married my 15 year old grandmother. It was customary at the time: nothing intrinsically immoral, and by no gradation abnormal. Even in biblical times, girls were getting married (bought off) as soon as they entered puberty (similar customs are still permeated throughout the world.) Our society has changed. And with it comes the newly acquired stigma (especially in the west) of batting an eyelash at someone below the magical age of 18. Objectively, I do not find David's attraction to Ellie to "sick"-though I admit my cultural programming makes me somewhat unnerved by it.

That said, David is not a pedophile. By American standards, perhaps. But in the literal sense of the word: no. Pedophilia is defined as an adult having sexual interest in pre-pubescent children; Ellie is clearly an adolscent. If anything, David is an "ephebophile." And as a 21 year old male, I've seen plenty of 16 year olds that make me wish I was 4 years younger. David's NOT a pedo, but he is a creeper irregardless.

But I'm speaking from a sheer biological standpoint. Nature doesn't give a **** about our laws. While he may not act on it, any 35+ year old man who can say he's never double taked at a 17 year old is more than likely a liar.

I find his psychopathic nature alot more disgruntling than his nonexistent pedophilia. I'm noticing all these topics about his sexual preference and not much that he has no problems butchering humans like livestock. His "special" comment to Ellie didn't faze me. Him hunting me down with that machete did. "Tiny pieces, was it? See you in the morning, Ellie." Gave me chills.
#18Kirby127Posted 6/19/2013 2:47:05 AM
Link_AJ posted...
he was a pedophile right? i could already hear it in his voice before he turned on me

I know right? I heard his voice and was like, "either he`s gonna rape me, or he`s gonna try to make me join a religious cult...then rape me."
---
PSN: Looming_Darkness||Gamertag: Kionea
Yay!
#19Damn_DeaditePosted 6/19/2013 3:07:07 AM
As soon as he appeared i knew he was bad news bears. I patiently waited for him to show his true colors.
---
Doomsday Master Race
I'll swallow your soul!
#20sora364Posted 6/19/2013 3:37:14 AM
Honestly, David had me fooled up until he sent his goons to get Ellie. I suspected something was up, but I figured he would have offed Ellie a long time ago if he wanted to. When he gave Ellie the medication, I dropped my guard completely.In retrospect, he was WAY too damn nice (I was too concerned about Joel's survival at the time to think much of it.)

Thought David was a pretty cool guy. Dear god, I was wrong.