Joel Vs. Ellie

#11whalewhiskerPosted 6/19/2013 12:06:08 PM
I adored Ellie, but Joel is the one who made me cry or feel like crap most of the time. I just really sympathized with him. Loved them both though.
#12licencePosted 6/19/2013 12:20:50 PM
Joel reminded me of Josh Brolin in NCFOM so he wins.
---
PSN - licence_007
Currently playing: The Last of Us; Dead Space 1; Skyrim; CoD: BO2
#13OzzyMcRckyPosted 6/19/2013 12:33:47 PM
I really loved both. Loved Ellie because she was a refreshing child character (Like Clementine, but far better, all the swearing etc cracked me up). But Joel is the better character in my opinion. It's rare we get a protagonist like him. Absolutely adored his character.
---
360 tag:OzzyMcRcky
Ps3:OzzyMcRcky
#14killdjsoloPosted 6/19/2013 12:35:28 PM
I enjoy Joel getting kill
#15No-A-BodyPosted 6/19/2013 12:36:45 PM
Of course they are both good, but I'll have to go with Joel because it's hard for a 29 year old male to relate to a 14 year old girl. Granted she is not your average 14 year old girl, but still...

I can relate more to Joel and his need to do what he has to do, along with protecting Ellie.
---
I'd be highly upset if someone took me seriously
#16devak108Posted 6/19/2013 12:40:48 PM(edited)
Probably the hardest poll to answer because I think they are two exceptionally well done characters. But more then that the power of the game came from their bond and their interactions.

Maybe Joel by like a gnats nose hair. Really hard to pick one, both are phenomenal. And damn that was some AAA voice acting from Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker.
---
Sony Ultimate Troll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6eOa812mYA
#17KimocheeseburgePosted 6/19/2013 12:42:37 PM
The game shows you that little girls can come and go, Joel is forever.
#18LitanePosted 6/19/2013 12:55:23 PM
Both of them are well written and engaging but I've seen uncompromising badasses like Joel before, Ellie is something new for me. A teenage female sidekick who is not annoying, helpless or useless? In the games I've played that's quite rare. I thought she'd be another Assley Graham and the worst part of the game but she was amazing and by far the best part of it. I can't remember the last time a character surprised me so much tbh. Joel is the best male protagonist in years though, easily up there with John Marston for me.
---
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live..
Currently playing TLOU. Ellie <3
#19Bmvc1Posted 6/19/2013 12:56:46 PM
Ellie may be my favorite game character of all time.
#20No-A-BodyPosted 6/19/2013 1:21:07 PM
Litane posted...
Both of them are well written and engaging but I've seen uncompromising badasses like Joel before, Ellie is something new for me. A teenage female sidekick who is not annoying, helpless or useless? In the games I've played that's quite rare. I thought she'd be another Assley Graham and the worst part of the game but she was amazing and by far the best part of it. I can't remember the last time a character surprised me so much tbh. Joel is the best male protagonist in years though, easily up there with John Marston for me.

Good point about Ellie. She doesn't make you wish you could just throw her into the nearest infected moshpit.
---
I'd be highly upset if someone took me seriously