Not sure why people think there will be a sequel

#1AntorPosted 6/19/2013 8:03:21 PM
I mean I get it, I loved the game and would love to keep playing but it just doesn't seem to me that there's room for any further story without it being nothing more than a copy and paste of this game. I'm sure there will be some DLC (as some is already confirmed in the piepline) but I've got my money on this being a stand alone game with no sequels or prequels.

Curious what others think.
---
This ain't Sea World, this is real as it gets!
#2psyberzombiePosted 6/19/2013 8:06:15 PM
Antor posted...
I mean I get it, I loved the game and would love to keep playing but it just doesn't seem to me that there's room for any further story without it being nothing more than a copy and paste of this game. I'm sure there will be some DLC (as some is already confirmed in the piepline) but I've got my money on this being a stand alone game with no sequels or prequels.

Because naughty dog likes money! lol
---
GT Xbox: Psyber Zombie, PS: PsyberZombie
#3zyrax2301Posted 6/19/2013 8:06:47 PM
ND have more or less confirmed they're making more The Last of Us stories. Not necessarily a sequel starring Ellie and Joel...in fact, I believe they've said that Joel and Ellie are done.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4Sackboy_Posted 6/19/2013 8:06:51 PM
I still hope for more;

http://gamerant.com/sony-the-last-of-us-2-sequel-domains/
#5AmplifyPosted 6/19/2013 8:07:30 PM
Uh, how about the story of SPOILERS...
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
Ellie finding out that Joel lied to her or simply them just getting to safety? At the end of the game they're still just walking through the wilderness.
#6Fizzle_PorkPosted 6/19/2013 8:08:17 PM
Its a multi-million dollar investment in a new i.p.

These days you don't do that without milking the investment. Would a sequel be disservice to the story? Yes, I think so. But just because Naughty Dog puts out great games don't think for even a second that they would place this games story integrity above profits. They are a business, not a charity.

Also, the fact that Naughty Dog specifically made a statement about The Last of Us being ripe for more stories all but confirms another title.
#7Zezezemolskee3Posted 6/19/2013 8:11:53 PM
Antor posted...

I think one of the greatest things about Naughty Dog is that I can't see them making a sequel unless they know they could make it work, while making sure they offer new features to the game, to make sure players don't get the copy and paste experience. I don't see them doing a prequel, and if they do, it would most likely be in DLC form.
Don't get me wrong, it would be cool if it was a stand alone game, it would just make this game more memorable, but I haven't been disappointed by a Naughty Dog sequel yet, and I'd love to see them do more with survival horror.
#8Saint_KaiserPosted 6/19/2013 8:13:02 PM
I want to see Naughty Dog's take on slave traders.
---
I am an "A" word.
#9Antor(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 8:14:49 PM
Amplify posted...
Uh, how about the story of SPOILERS...
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
Ellie finding out that Joel lied to her or simply them just getting to safety? At the end of the game they're still just walking through the wilderness.

At the end they are on the outskirts of Tommys town not in the middle of the wilderness..
---
This ain't Sea World, this is real as it gets!
#10biomanPosted 6/19/2013 8:15:35 PM
I don't think there will be one for awhile.

They have always created a new IP for a new console like crash for PS1, Jak and Daxter for PS2, and uncharted for PS3. My guess is they are working on a new IP for PS4, and I think after that they will probably bust out a fan favorite of Uncharted 4.

Then maybe we will get another story in the world of The Last of Us.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3) Splintercell Conviction (360)