beat the game three times? seriously?

#11vegafooPosted 6/21/2013 3:41:15 PM(edited)
Yep. Forced to play a videogame we enjoy more than one time. It's Nazi Germany all over again.

Look, I enjoy getting trophies too. But in all honesty, the time when getting trophies starts becoming a chore for yourself is the time when you have to reevaluate your priorities, take a deep breath, and remember that gaming is a hobby that's meant to be fun and enjoyable, not something that's a hassle.

---
Stand tall and shake the heavens!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlP_UK6LEFc
#12DemiFistPosted 6/21/2013 3:36:59 PM
THEskeksis posted...
wow guys obviously no one is forcing me to platinum lol im just saying 3x run through is a bit repetitive, and for some people, gets boring. why not something like getting through certain parts without killing a single person, or something along those lines. something that requires skill instead of 3 play throughs. naughty dog is getting lazy?

Wah!
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#13FoofyheadPosted 6/21/2013 3:39:09 PM
I don't think this game will ever get boring, as I get to shiv things.
---
Irony: Complaining about too much hand-holding in games...on a site called GameFAX.
#14THEskeksis(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 3:41:06 PM
i should've joined gamefaqs earlier if i knew people would flame so much! lol you guys are awesome =]

easytrolliseasy
---
I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now...
#15scaryicePosted 6/21/2013 3:41:25 PM
Apparently you can do it in two playthroughs with this trick:

www.ps3trophies.org/forum/last-us/201752-all-difficulty-trophies-2-playthroughs.html
#168f9g43k8ku7335pPosted 6/21/2013 3:41:37 PM
THEskeksis posted...
lulz at people who are offended that others like to trophy hunt ;]

Just don't understand why people make a fuss of something that is totally optional and expect it to be super easy. A platinum is typically a game's most prized trophy. It shouldn't be obtained without some time and effort, whatever that may be.
#17THEskeksis(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 3:49:08 PM
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
THEskeksis posted...

Just don't understand why people make a fuss of something that is totally optional and expect it to be super easy. A platinum is typically a game's most prized trophy. It shouldn't be obtained without some time and effort, whatever that may be.

agreed but most games, including other naughty dog titles, require more skilled situations. you know like get through winter with only using your knife, beat the game without upgrading any of your weapons...stuff like that. survivor is hard and takes time...i have NO PROBLEM playing through again to beat the game on survivor. but it would also be nice to add in some harder trophies rather than beat the game on its hardest mode twice. thats all im saying. sure i know its not required, sure no one is making me do this, sure the trophies are pointless...but its fun when games give you more to do, especially when they are difficult..not extra play throughs

now...everyone continue to flame
---
I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now...
#18wickdawg01Posted 6/21/2013 3:50:24 PM
I thought you had to get all the trophies to get plat? Do you auto get the normal and easy trophies for playing on hard?
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter
#19FoofyheadPosted 6/21/2013 3:50:52 PM
That's the point of this board, dissenting opinions. If you wanted everyone to understand your 'plight', it isn't going to happen.
---
Irony: Complaining about too much hand-holding in games...on a site called GameFAX.
#20DemiFistPosted 6/21/2013 3:52:09 PM
THEskeksis posted...
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
THEskeksis posted...

agreed but most games, including other naughty dog titles, require more skilled situations. you know like get through winter with only using your knife, beat the game without upgrading any of your weapons...stuff like that. survivor is hard and takes time...i have NO PROBLEM playing through again to beat the game on survivor. but it would also be nice to add in some harder trophies rather than beat the game on its hardest mode twice. thats all im saying. sure i know its not required, sure no one is making me do this, sure the trophies are pointless...but its fun when games give you more to do, especially when they are difficult..not extra play throughs

now...everyone continue to flame

Which Naughty Dog games required more skill again?
I have all Uncharted plats. and Jak trilogy...
None of which required much skill.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"