easy new game plus (NG+) is awesome

#1kasplat360Posted 6/23/2013 8:29:07 PM
First of all, NG+ on Easy is obviously not a challenge. Depending on how much you missed in your first playthrough on Easy, Normal, Hard, you will have maxed all your skills in NG+ after the first few chapters and you can have all your weapons upgraded 100% sometime during the university chapter (when you get the final upgradeable weapon and have a workbench to use).

The idea though is that depending on what you missed the first time around, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of time scouring the areas for collectibles, nor will you need to scrounge for materials to make items because frankly you are going to be OP. You might still die to a clicker or runner rush or have to repeat a scripted battle scenario, but for the most part you can go as fast as you want through areas and just enjoy the scenery, dialog, and story that makes this game special.

I found that when I was having to be careful, conserve ammo, creep around areas exploring, etc. the game dragged a bit and it was less enjoyable overall.

Also, if you haven't finished the game, regardless of what difficulty you are playing on, I recommend making separate saves once you get to Spring, which you can use for your Chapter select clearing if you don't want to use that for NG+.
#2BeefEasterPosted 6/23/2013 8:33:15 PM
I just wish new game + carried over to a third playthrough so I could just play the game as uber joel, walking around blowing the enemies to pieces with my shotgun and nailbombs
#3kewldude475Posted 6/23/2013 8:35:56 PM
BeefEaster posted...
I just wish new game + carried over to a third playthrough

...It doesn't?
#4BeefEasterPosted 6/23/2013 8:40:47 PM
according to everyone I've asked on here you can only play new game + once per difficulty

I haven't finished my new game + playthrough yet, but if it carries over to a third playthrough I will be absolutely giddy
#5N7Spectre707Posted 6/23/2013 8:48:09 PM
BeefEaster posted...
according to everyone I've asked on here you can only play new game + once per difficulty

I haven't finished my new game + playthrough yet, but if it carries over to a third playthrough I will be absolutely giddy

I'm here to confirm that you in fact can continue yet a third ng+, and probably keep going indefinitely.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#6BeefEasterPosted 6/23/2013 8:54:01 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

I'm here to confirm that you in fact can continue yet a third ng+, and probably keep going indefinitely.

that's wonderful news

I could hug you

I hate it when people give bogus info on here
#7The 1 ExecutionerPosted 6/23/2013 8:57:05 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

*Looks at the number of karma this person has*

Ok, I'll believe you. I hope you are right because this is awesome!
---
Resident Evil 6 High Scoring Mercenaries (PS3 & XBOX):
http://www.youtube.com/the1executioner
#8N7Spectre707Posted 6/23/2013 9:44:54 PM
The 1 Executioner posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

*Looks at the number of karma this person has*

Ok, I'll believe you. I hope you are right because this is awesome!

Trust me, I'm in my third playthrough right now. Beat the game on normal, again on ng+, and then was able to start yet another ng+ again with all the upgrades still. Everything I've got is maxed at this point. I doubt there is a limit.

Arkham games did a limit on ng+ playthroughs and it really irritated a lot of people, myself included. I'm a ng+ junkie so this sort of stuff matters to me. I only wish you didn't have to find all the weapons again, but oh well.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#9eurytomidPosted 6/23/2013 10:56:04 PM
I am on my second NG+, did it first on Survivor, Survivor+ and now Easy. Haha it feels so good to just rambo everything and not having to worry about supplies after sneaking around for so long
#10kasplat360(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 11:08:05 PM
Yeah, you can NG+ repeatedly.