Did the infection spread outside North America?

#11aznsamvillePosted 6/23/2013 11:09:18 PM
Yes, humanity plummet and everybody is infected except mother nature, and species. There should be at least similar Quarantined zone throughout the world.
#12ShinkuEXPosted 6/23/2013 11:12:43 PM
When you think about it, going "F*** you" to America would help the rest of the world. The infection is airborne. So even if it hasn't spread to the rest of the world yet, it will. Remember that a lot of America's people are still ethnic. Surely they'll care about their people.

If America's the first place it hit, the rest of the world will surely prepare themselves should it hit their land as well.
---
If you get back to work you're fired, man.
#13Ahoge-donoPosted 6/23/2013 11:16:21 PM
ShimmerMan posted...
silverstars320 posted...
ShimmerMan posted...
if every city in the USA was infected then every city outside the USA would be infected due to the fact that all cities are interlinked via travel across sea and air.

I don't think a plane or a boat full of infected would actually manage to land on another continent.

No, but whilst America was being infected everywhere else would also be infected because the entire globe is connected via travel. considering this is the type of disease which can destroy the entirety of the USA which is a massive continent it would also destroy everywhere else easily.

But after any sign of an pandemic wouldn't they close down or cease any outgoing or incoming transportation in attempt to quarantine the infection?
#14VolkzorPosted 6/23/2013 11:19:21 PM
If the infections spread through tainted grain, it would infect all of the world.

http://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/crops/wheat/trade.aspx#.Ucfkq_ksnCc
#15zeroboboPosted 6/23/2013 11:20:12 PM
Ahoge-dono posted...
ShimmerMan posted...
silverstars320 posted...
ShimmerMan posted...
if every city in the USA was infected then every city outside the USA would be infected due to the fact that all cities are interlinked via travel across sea and air.

I don't think a plane or a boat full of infected would actually manage to land on another continent.

No, but whilst America was being infected everywhere else would also be infected because the entire globe is connected via travel. considering this is the type of disease which can destroy the entirety of the USA which is a massive continent it would also destroy everywhere else easily.

But after any sign of an pandemic wouldn't they close down or cease any outgoing or incoming transportation in attempt to quarantine the infection?

Well yeah, but after 20 years you'd think they'd make some progress if there were safe from it, sending aid and such, but then again. in the start of the game when they're talking about rations being shipped in, perhaps thats foreign aid?
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#16silverstars320(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 11:20:40 PM
ShinkuEX posted...
When you think about it, going "F*** you" to America would help the rest of the world. The infection is airborne. So even if it hasn't spread to the rest of the world yet, it will. Remember that a lot of America's people are still ethnic. Surely they'll care about their people.

If America's the first place it hit, the rest of the world will surely prepare themselves should it hit their land as well.

It took twenty years for the airborne infection not to infect all of America. Hell, buildings filled with spores barely leave the room.
---
Jimmy is peer pressuring me into doing drugs
And its working...
#17PandaOtterMoosePosted 6/23/2013 11:26:35 PM
There is something about london at the start
---
https://www.facebook.com/Playerperspectivenet
http://playerperspective.net/
#18BronxstaPosted 6/23/2013 11:28:14 PM
Airborne spores?
---
You had my curiosity...
...but now you have my attention.
#19ThePCElitistPosted 6/23/2013 11:30:28 PM
Yes there's a newspaper that says 60% of the worlds population is dead. It's found in the university as a pick up I think.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6_MWVHZ4g
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
#20ShimmerManPosted 6/23/2013 11:34:34 PM
Ahoge-dono posted...
ShimmerMan posted...
silverstars320 posted...
ShimmerMan posted...

A pandemic means it's already travelled continent to continent (more likely world wide). Whilst America was witnessing the disease everywhere else on the planet would of witnessed the same disease at the same time due to the nature of modern travel.