Ellie's knife

#1mhan12345Posted 6/26/2013 1:26:05 AM
Why the hell didn't Joel get an actual knife like Ellie's instead of making do with makeshift shivs all the damn time. Sheesh.
#2SpittinTruthPosted 6/26/2013 1:31:10 AM
Why does the axe break after like 3 hits?
---
The truth shall set you free.
#3TheoDerekPosted 6/26/2013 1:35:24 AM
For gameplay reasons

So you would have to carefully distribute your crafting resources.

Scissors make shivs, improved melee weapons, and nail bombs. They were by far my most scarce resource.

I do agree though, it doesn't make any sense.

Joel is a badass post-apocalyptic murder machine and they're trying to say in 20 years he never once came across a decent hunting knife?
#4TheKing012Posted 6/26/2013 1:36:08 AM
why can they heal themselves with first aid-kits in a couple seconds, shouldn't this take hours?

why is there no food system in this game? do they never get hungry?

why is there no place in the game to relieve one's self? do they never take ****'s?

why is this not a real-life simulator? I want a real-life simulator.

why is this not just real-life? I want a heart-rate monitor **** it.
#5TheKing012Posted 6/26/2013 1:40:41 AM
TheKing012 posted...
why can they heal themselves with first aid-kits in a couple seconds, shouldn't this take hours?

why is there no place in the game to relieve one's self? do they never take ****'s?

^FYI, that's a joke. you'd have to either be a complete ****ing idiot, or the most try-hard troll on this forum, to actually not find the obvious sarcasm.
#6DuneManPosted 6/26/2013 1:42:35 AM
Or David's machete.... Joel would be chopping limbs off left and right with that.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7Col_88Posted 6/26/2013 1:53:11 AM
TheKing012 posted...

I know this was a joke but just to point out.. there is food.. chocolate bars or whatever... sorry.. carry on
---
PSN=Col_c88
"Only a mind free of impediments is capable of grasping the chaotic beauty of the world. This is our greatest asset."
#8AmethystEndPosted 6/26/2013 1:57:55 AM
TheKing012 posted...

I know this was a joke but just to point out.. there is food.. chocolate bars or whatever... sorry.. carry on

WHY IS EVERYONE NOT FAT SINCE THE ONLY FOOD SOURCE IS CHOCOLATE BARS!?

But yeah, I bet at the force Joel attacks, Ellie's knife would've been broken by Pittsburgh. Really should've grabbed David's machete though.
---
The Distant Blue
#9CADE FOSTERPosted 6/26/2013 2:32:30 AM
I hate the we couldnt give her the bow i never once used it
#10riddlebox89Posted 6/26/2013 2:42:19 AM
Well, Joels shivs are one hit kills, Ellies knife requires multiple neck stabs, so it makes sense to give Ellie an indestructible melee weapon since her attack animations are at least two to three times longer than Joels.

It's a decent balance, Joels instant kill shivs are faster, but they're not infinite so you have to use them sparingly, Ellies instant kill switchblade is unbreakable, but it's slower so you have to really be careful when and where you kill someone with it.

CADE FOSTER posted...
I hate the we couldnt give her the bow i never once used it

How did you hunt the deer without using the bow?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.