most overrated game ever?

#1chubbyfreshPosted 6/27/2013 3:44:50 AM
So I love naughty dog and their productions - Uncharted is obviously legendary. As for The Last of Us, it's a great game no doubt about it, but what's with all the people giving it a perfect score? What got me the most was when GS gave it an eight and people started pissing their pants saying it was underrated. What a load of garbage, if you've played any survival/action game than this aint anything new at all. The worst part was when they said the reviewer was 'unsympathetic' or some stupid crap. Since whe does a reviewer have to sympatize with fan-boys? The other sites are scared as hell to give it anything other than a perfect score so they don't disturb the legion of hideous fan-boy gamers that have no clue what makes a videogame production truly great and are now swallowing the industry whole. Call of Duty anyone?
#2brokensocketPosted 6/27/2013 3:49:09 AM
Just no..
#3BoomtownBillPosted 6/27/2013 3:49:12 AM
I'd personally give it a perfect score.

What didn't you like about the game?
#4DirtyToenailsPosted 6/27/2013 3:56:45 AM
Sometimes games actually are legitimately this good and deserve 10/10s across the board. If we're not allowed to use 10s then we should use a different scale to begin with.
#53D3Posted 6/27/2013 3:58:35 AM
no
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#6chubbyfresh(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 4:00:03 AM
BoomtownBill posted...
I'd personally give it a perfect score.

What didn't you like about the game?

I really like the game, but it makes you conform to their style of play other than the one that suits you. A really great game offers a variety of oppurtunities so the player can feel more at home with their style. With this one, even though you are carrying about 6 to 8 guns on your back, you have to go crawling around behind boxes to get a basic kill. for starters...
#7alienfetucinePosted 6/27/2013 4:00:12 AM
chubbyfresh posted...
What got me the most was when GS gave it an eight and people started pissing their pants saying it was underrated.

People flipped out far harder when Twilight Princess got an 8.8, and TP was not even a good Zelda, so... No, not at all.
---
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
#8obliviondollPosted 6/27/2013 4:00:28 AM
Some games are legitimately good enough to deserve 10/10 from people.

Not everyone will agree, so not every review will give the same score to that game.

Journey is another game that earned a lot of 10/10 scores, and I personally agree with those, even though I don't agree with TLoU being given 10/10. I think it's great, but I don't think it's QUITE on the 10/10 level personally.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#9mcmo21Posted 6/27/2013 4:16:13 AM
yup i mean have people forgot about these games

dead space
fallout
batman arkhum
assassin creed
gears of war
mass effect
uncharted
deux ex
skyrim
dark souls
bioshock
metal gear

the last of us is in my top 10 but its just as good as these games not better
#10jsquad4136Posted 6/27/2013 4:19:02 AM
I think the word 'overrated' is a bit OVERUSED.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."