Buy now or wait for the inevitable price drop (always after I buy full price!)

#1kaMMakaZZi29Posted 7/3/2013 11:51:14 PM
I currently have this ordered with my Spring Breakers blu ray preorder... both will arrive on Tues. July 9th. For TLOU... is it okay going ahead and getting this? I feel like it'll go on sale very soon but I just can't wait.
---
PSN: kaMMakaZZi9 / XBL: kaMMakaZZi29 / ADD ME!
#2BeefEasterPosted 7/4/2013 12:09:32 AM
I guess that depends on if you want it now or later
#3raymanfan1Posted 7/4/2013 12:11:02 AM
I intended to wait for the GOTY edition. Then I borrowed it and played through it once. Then I bought it.
---
Meh.
#4CADE FOSTERPosted 7/4/2013 12:12:55 AM
buy it son gonna take along while for this 2 get cheap and spring breakers really
#5gecko_man2Posted 7/4/2013 12:19:00 AM
Joke topic.
---
"Well maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again. I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, dont think so."
#6Number090684Posted 7/4/2013 1:49:29 AM
Not going to comment on personal tastes or anything.... This game, while kind of great, IS overrated, isn't polished enough to be GotY and is not perfect by any means. It is rather lacking, especially multiplayer, to justify the full price tag. I'd say wait until it hits $40. A lot of people are still riding the hype train, are blinded by the game's pretty visuals, and are getting their kicks out of the "mature" gritty content.
---
US PSN: Number090684
#7benbeverfaqsPosted 7/4/2013 4:55:35 AM
..or love the story and well done characters, and especially love the attention to detail. You just can't see and od everything in one or two playthroughs.
I rarely buy games at full price, but I never regretting this one.
#8bartz90Posted 7/4/2013 5:48:25 AM(edited)
Number090684 posted...
Not going to comment on personal tastes or anything.... This game, while kind of great, IS overrated, isn't polished enough to be GotY and is not perfect by any means. It is rather lacking, especially multiplayer, to justify the full price tag. I'd say wait until it hits $40. A lot of people are still riding the hype train, are blinded by the game's pretty visuals, and are getting their kicks out of the "mature" gritty content.

This game isn't perfect but if this isn't worth 60$ what is? People are under this illusion that the quality and content of games has gone down as price has gone up and it isn't really true. There was a time when you payed 60, 50 for a Pitfall or a Tetris.
---
-
#9mongoosemcqueenPosted 7/4/2013 5:57:11 AM
This game "in my opinion" is not overrated. The game is all about the experience and I had an emotional rollercoaster playing it. It is also one of only a few games that I have played through more than once, just because I enjoyed it not because I wanted to get all the collectibles. The visuals are good but are made better by realistic characters and a compelling story. No game truly deserves a perfect score because perfection is different for everyone but this is a great game. Multiplayer is an added bonus, I'm a regular COD player and have enjoyed a multiplayer that isn't a COD clone, it isn't just added on as filler it is its own game. This game shouldn't get a reduction any time soon because it is well worth the price of admission.
---
I'm a lead farmer motherf****r!!!!
#10ThefallenseraphPosted 7/4/2013 6:15:47 AM
If you are after trophies I would get it asap and get the MP done. Everyone is raving about it now but i dont see how its gonna last with only 2 modes that are essentially the same thing. If you dont care about platinums wait. Its really not a 60 dollar game. ive had to restart levels of SP because of bugs. Right now im on survivor and i cant see my health bar. Its black. been that way since the start of the chapter. makes it hard to you know gauge when to HEAL
---
Lets get it on FREAK!!