Is David the leader of the hunters?

#1iron_defensePosted 7/6/2013 6:05:40 AM
Because his men look like the Hunters in Pittsburgh. But the name of his faction is never really mentioned. Why are the hunters so god damn evil though?
---
"Give a man a gun he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank he can rob the world"-Victoria Grant.
#2J2DKPosted 7/6/2013 6:07:58 AM
They're different. By the way, SPOILERS

The hunters in Pittsburgh are their own group of people. They hunt and kill people to pillage the people's belongings. David's crew hunts and kills people as a food source. That's the key difference.
---
I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it. The feeling - it's coming back to me: the sensation of killing.
#3mexicannonPosted 7/6/2013 6:09:23 AM
No, the Hunter are not a organized group of people like the Fireflies. It is a broad term that simply means that they are bandits. Essentially, he is the leader of the hunters, but the hunters in that region. Does that make sense?
#4iron_defense(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 6:09:28 AM
So the dudes in UEC are not the hunters from Pittsburgh either?
---
"Give a man a gun he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank he can rob the world"-Victoria Grant.
#5mexicannonPosted 7/6/2013 6:11:45 AM
iron_defense posted...

No, not at all. Think of Hunters as a broad term. For example (trying not to be racist) calling someone white is a broad term. Not all white people are alike, but they all have something in common
#6CrashdashxPosted 7/6/2013 6:12:17 AM
No, there's hunters all over the world. They're just bandits. He's just the leader of his own group.
#7QwelzaarKanePosted 7/6/2013 6:14:57 AM
mexicannon posted...
No, the Hunter are not a organized group of people like the Fireflies. It is a broad term that simply means that they are bandits. Essentially, he is the leader of the hunters, but the hunters in that region. Does that make sense?

What he said. It's similar to raiders in Fallout. They're not all called raiders because they all belong to a single, organized group; they're called raiders because that's what they do.
---
Hide your wives and daughters, I'm spoiling my Irish quarter
#8NurbisPosted 7/6/2013 6:16:58 AM
iron_defense posted...

The UEC hunters are a part of David's group. After Ellie falls from her horse and escapes into the cabin, you can overhear the hunters say that Ellie is the little girl from the university. That is why they ignore David's order to capture her alive and try to kill her.
I assume when David tells Ellie the story of his men being massacred by a crazy old man with a little girl, he is referring to everything that happened at the university.
#9mexicannonPosted 7/6/2013 6:19:42 AM
Nurbis posted...
iron_defense posted...

The UEC hunters are a part of David's group. After Ellie falls from her horse and escapes into the cabin, you can overhear the hunters say that Ellie is the little girl from the university. That is why they ignore David's order to capture her alive and try to kill her.
I assume when David tells Ellie the story of his men being massacred by a crazy old man with a little girl, he is referring to everything that happened at the university.

Hmm, I think your right there, I forgot about that. Either way the UEC bandits may have been part of David's group (or maybe they were simply communicating), but the Pittsburgh hunters were definately not
#10PitchBlackFoxPosted 7/6/2013 8:24:22 AM
mexicannon posted...
Nurbis posted...
iron_defense posted...

Hmm, I think your right there, I forgot about that. Either way the UEC bandits may have been part of David's group (or maybe they were simply communicating), but the Pittsburgh hunters were definately not

David talks about the UEC group in the cabin with Ellie, he says the sent them out looking for food and the few that came back talked about a crazy man and a small girl, the UEC 's were part of David's group, can't say about Pittsburgh(probably not)
---
Best line in FFXIII? Auron000: "The first 10 chapters."
I like my women like I like my mecha wolves, on all fours crying