Would you care if Devs started to introduce more characters that are gay?

#1zombiabsolPosted 7/6/2013 8:27:52 AM
seeing the popular liking of Bill, would you care if they had more gay characters? im not talking about a cast full of gay characters, just characters who happen to be gay. - Results (376 votes)
No i wouldnt care
45.48% (171 votes)
No i wouldnt care as long as they DONT follow gay stereotypes.
38.03% (143 votes)
Yes i would care, I dont want any homosexuals in my games.
16.49% (62 votes)
This poll is now closed.
being gay i loved that they didnt make bill stereotypical and id like characters like him to appear more.

people say a side character like bill is throwing the character in your face but if you think that you are either:

A- a homophobe
B- ignorant, as his sexuality isnt thrown in your face at all (some people didnt even notice)
C- insecure
D- to immature to handle a different kind of character

now to complain about a gay character being "thrown in your face" is stupid, considering the amount of straight characters there are it makes more sense for the "gaymers" to complain about straight characters being thrown in their face.

now this topic isnt about do you want more gay characters, its if you would mind them being added.

personally i would love the idea as im tired of seeing the same kind of characters in every single game.
---
LOL, peace out Defense Of Marriage Act, you wont be missed...at all
aka Absol_Pancham
#2lastchancelemonPosted 7/6/2013 8:29:45 AM
I didnt even realise Bill was gay.
---
Juggler.
Pokemon black 2 FC: 4642-9954-5994
#3Cobra1010Posted 7/6/2013 8:30:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Kyuubi4269Posted 7/6/2013 8:31:27 AM
I'd rather the subject of the characters in any game's sexuality weren't expressed unless it held relevance to the plot.

Bringing in gender and race of any kind to a game raises a ****storm that you'd never see in original pac-man or space invaders.
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders
#5zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:31:29 AM
Cobra1010 posted...
I hope GTA5 will have a lot of gays in. I enjoy killing all types of people on GTA, we cant exclude the gays. can we?

nope.

didnt one of those games have a gay main character?
---
aka Absol_Pancham
#6zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:32:53 AM
Kyuubi4269 posted...
I'd rather the subject of the characters in any game's sexuality weren't expressed unless it held relevance to the plot.

Bringing in gender and race of any kind to a game raises a ****storm that you'd never see in original pac-man or space invaders.

true, but the devs have already started implementing things like this once they started using human characters over aliens and robots and ghosts and planes
---
aka Absol_Pancham
#7SunDevil77Posted 7/6/2013 8:37:30 AM
I don't give two f***s what the character's orientation is. Just make them a deep character with a good story.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:44:51 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
I don't give two f***s what the character's orientation is. Just make them a deep character with a good story.

agreed
---
aka Absol_Pancham
#9IcyFlamez96Posted 7/6/2013 8:51:00 AM
Nah its coo. I like how they added it in TLoU.. I wouldn't exactly feel comfortable playing a gay love story though hahaha.
---
If ya na'mean
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS
#10zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 4:41:24 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Nah its coo. I like how they added it in TLoU.. I wouldn't exactly feel comfortable playing a gay love story though hahaha.

what if the main character was gay, but he didnt have a love interest? lol
---
aka Absol_Pancham