The Last of Us vs Grand theft auto V - which will win GOTY?

#1Krauser42oPosted 7/10/2013 1:26:10 AM
after seeing the gameplay trailer i think it's safe to say GTA V will be the winner.
---
Official Hades of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
#2Alienware4LifePosted 7/10/2013 1:27:03 AM
TLOU isnt even the best game released this year, bioshock and tomb raider where way superior and sold tons more.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#3TheKing012Posted 7/10/2013 1:29:29 AM
Alienware4Life posted...
TLOU isnt even the best game released this year, bioshock and tomb raider where way superior and sold tons more.

uh? both of those sentiments are completely wrong.

The Last of Us is the best selling game of this entire year (and the highest rated game for that matter). you're accounting for how long Tomb Raider has been out vs The Last of Us having been out for a little over three weeks. the Bioshock: Infinite statement is similarly misinformed.

but nice opinion, though. when TLOU takes the consensus GOTY I'll be sure to consult you for your legitimate opinion.
#4TheKing012Posted 7/10/2013 1:31:52 AM
oh, and to answer the TC:

I'll remain optimistic, after GTA IV I'm definitely managing my expectations realistically. people are seriously setting themselves up for disappointment with the amount of hype they're throwing towards this game. it's going to inevitably lead to a lot of **** posting, and hate articles directed at it if for nothing else but it's popularity and series' fatigue.
#5MasterFoxCheif3Posted 7/10/2013 1:42:58 AM
GTA V

That game is going to be amazing.

I can't wait! I can't wait! I'm gonna get me sum chicken! I can wait!
---
http://3image.com/images/2013/06/21/Bron_umad.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aalYQjedc1s&t=1m4s
#6Number090684Posted 7/10/2013 1:50:40 AM
I think GTA V will most likely take it, if it does at all, because of the gameplay and TLoU will most likely get runner up at best, if not just a honorable mention because of its story. The GTA franchise has already proven itself to be MUCH less restrictive and freeform, and possibly less punishing than TLOU has, and that caters to the casual crowd better who just want to play to have fun and not have to think so much.

Plus, due to all the silly, controversial/pop culture popularity the GTA series has had around it, TLOU cant really compete. Hell, Im not a GTA fan and even I have to admit GTA V looks fun as hell and kind of makes me want to buy it.
---
US PSN: Number090684
#7blazinpuertorocPosted 7/10/2013 2:04:57 AM
Honestly, it depends on what site. The Last of Us is game of the generation for me. GTAV is looking to have some sweet gameplay but the story will fall by the wayside and you won't really care about anything that happens other than making it to the next mission. The story in GTAIV and all other ones were terrible. I mean they started out good but it's like by the end of the game they got lazy and just gave up.
#8KGTriggerPosted 7/10/2013 2:16:17 AM
Games with a focus on story and gameplay taking the back seat don't deserve GOTY. Ever.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 (Matt); Steam: Joben
#9LansfieldPosted 7/10/2013 2:24:42 AM
I think GTA V will win. It's something that has a long life span.
#10MonkeyBones23Posted 7/10/2013 2:27:46 AM
The gameplay trailer looked amazing. I'm guessing I'm going to enjoy GTA V better, but obviously for different reasons that I like TLoU
---
We're a forest of lives, but we grow tall and wide.
We'll never be cut down.