No listening mode on Survivor difficulty?

#1Edalb_ZeroPosted 7/14/2013 12:57:47 PM
I didn't see that coming. I thought it would just have fewer supplies. Maybe I'm in for a bit of a challenge after all.
---
''The guilty pay the price. Returning with Souvenir of Reprisal.''
#2Frostheat_22Posted 7/14/2013 1:00:16 PM
It's not THAT hard without listen mode. You're most likely going to get annoyed by the low amount of supplies more.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22
#3burritosniperPosted 7/14/2013 1:01:03 PM
Yah but I kind of like. I think that was how the game was supposed to be played.
#4Edalb_Zero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 1:02:05 PM
Frostheat_22 posted...
It's not THAT hard without listen mode. You're most likely going to get annoyed by the low amount of supplies more.

I'm proud to say that I was actually annoyed with the surplus of supplies on Normal. Splinter Cell is my game, so I've been trained to look for the "Right way" to deal with a group of enemies. Most of the time, if I used a bullet, I'd restart the encounter. It's just more fun to me to work out enemy encounters like puzzles.
---
#5antking61Posted 7/14/2013 1:04:52 PM
Edalb_Zero posted...
I'm proud to say that I was actually annoyed with the surplus of supplies on Normal. Splinter Cell is my game, so I've been trained to look for the "Right way" to deal with a group of enemies. Most of the time, if I used a bullet, I'd restart the encounter. It's just more fun to me to work out enemy encounters like puzzles.

30 bullets in a single gun + another gun with an amount I no longer recall...It's not like Splinter Cell sent you in without enough bullets, grenades, Frag Grenades, Flash Bangs, electro shock bullets, etc...
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#6Edalb_Zero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 1:07:11 PM
antking61 posted...
Edalb_Zero posted...

30 bullets in a single gun + another gun with an amount I no longer recall...It's not like Splinter Cell sent you in without enough bullets, grenades, Frag Grenades, Flash Bangs, electro shock bullets, etc...

Yeah, but it IS like they reduced your score every time you used any of that stuff.
---
#7Rob_IndahoodPosted 7/14/2013 1:31:34 PM
It actually made me play way better, and made me appreciate when Ellie calls out enemy locations.

You'll get acclimated to it, just treat your encounters how you would in real life. Keep your head on a swivel, before moving in a room, carefully check it out, check out the adjacent rooms as well to make sure you have spot to plan your next move.

The hotel was an excellent place to test my skill, and I actually did not alert anyone unlike my Normal playthrough.
---
GT: Warhound07
#8antking61Posted 7/14/2013 1:33:36 PM
Edalb_Zero posted...
Yeah, but it IS like they reduced your score every time you used any of that stuff.

Indeed but that only mattered if you cared about score. Don't get me wrong, I loved Splinter Cell and getting through levels without even KOing anybody was the best feeling in Stealth Games altogether, but the game didn't exactly leave you shy on equipment.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#9besheldonPosted 7/14/2013 1:58:38 PM
yea not hard just keep using bricks
---
PSN - shelmoon
#10z_cherubPosted 7/14/2013 2:02:41 PM
Frostheat_22 posted...

Not really. AI teammates give you supplies, etc. when you run low/out. Biggest thing to remember is not to use your blades for anything but shivs & not to waste your shivs on enemies - only doors.
---
PSN: ZCherub