Fix the god damn respawn system in MP

#21peephole303Posted 8/7/2013 10:45:06 AM
skermac posted...
MasterofTheives posted...
skermac posted...
Why are you cursing in the title? GD is very offensive and is a tos.

God damn is not offensive, you're just sensitive. Besides, why should anyone care what offends you? That seems like a personal problem and you should get over it.

GD is not offensive to anyone that doesn't believe in God. I'm not religious and don't go to church but I believe in God and learned years ago in Sunday school that it's not right to use God's name in vain.

I don't use that word out of respect for God plus I have a few morals. But its up to the mods to decide if it's offensive to this board, not me.

I believe in Ea Enki, And i sure as hell will use the xians's "it" in vain
#22skermacPosted 8/7/2013 10:50:09 AM
I was always taught it was taking God's name in vain and I think one of the worst sins but I forget.
I know most all of us curse but I had it drilled into my head since I was little that GD is very bad. I got my butt beat by mom was I was like 10 or so just for saying damn. I am no better or worse than anyone else and I curse too. But I involuntarily cringe when I hear GD. But that's just me.
#23Prost1278Posted 8/7/2013 10:53:42 AM(edited)
Hm, today I can confirm that the spawn is getting ridiculous.

I've played 3 consecutive games where at least 1 death in each game was bogus because of spawns. It's that the game seem to spawn me nearly next to the enemy, so that I take a couple steps and I'm surrounded. Like the game would spawn me IN the enemy's line of sight, so before I take a couple steps there's already bullets coming my way.

And once time I spawned, took at couple steps, and an enemy spawned BEHIND (in the same spawn point) and he got an easy shiv since obviously I didn't know an enemy has spawned behind me.

I think the latter incident was an isolated and rare one, but the first case is happening far too often...
---
I don't sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death.
#24peephole303Posted 8/7/2013 10:54:45 AM
skermac posted...
I was always taught it was taking God's name in vain and I think one of the worst sins but I forget.
I know most all of us curse but I had it drilled into my head since I was little that GD is very bad. I got my butt beat by mom was I was like 10 or so just for saying damn. I am no better or worse than anyone else and I curse too. But I involuntarily cringe when I hear GD. But that's just me.

well i can God Damn say what i want and no Loving creator would punish me for it. Thats a little Egotistic
#25anaplussetupPosted 8/7/2013 10:56:23 AM
I'm sorry, but is OP actually asking God to damn the spawn system to Hell? Why do people have an issue with this?

That's totally what should happen.
---
PSN: Thomme
#26skermacPosted 8/7/2013 10:59:40 AM
Prost1278 posted...
Hm, today I can confirm that the spawn is getting ridiculous.

I've played 3 consecutive games where at least 1 death in each game was bogus because of spawns. It's that the game seem to spawn me nearly next to the enemy, so that I take a couple steps and I'm surrounded. Like the game would spawn me IN the enemy's line of sight, so before I take a couple steps there's already bullets coming my way.

And once time I spawned, took at couple steps, and an enemy spawned BEHIND (in the same spawn point) and he got an easy shiv since obviously I didn't know an enemy has spawned behind me.

I think the latter incident was an isolated and rare one, but the first case is happening far too often...

I have never had that happen in survivors. Just got my 120 hat today,yay! But only on week 9 with 128 in the clan, got a long ways to go to finish this 12 weeks decently.
#27anaplussetupPosted 8/7/2013 11:03:10 AM
Karebu posted...
Firstly, If you believe the bible then you are religious. Believe it or not, you can be religious without going to church.

Secondly, I never understood why saying "God damn" was a bad thing. You're essentially asking your higher power to smite something/someone for it's wrong-doing. I mean I guess in your religion, it could be considered bad because you're supposed to let "God" make those decisions, but still.

People called upon God to damn things to Hell all the time in the Bible. That was, like, the only thing to do back then, other than sheep.
---
PSN: Thomme
#28TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 3:34:19 PM
Yeah, the worst is spawning a second before someone else, they spawn a step behind you, and immediately shiv you. Also spawning when there are is an entire team of enemies who just spawned there... you can eitherstay there and die or try to down one and die.
#29MasterofTheivesPosted 8/9/2013 2:53:59 PM
MisterEight posted...
MasterofTheives posted...
skermac posted...
Why are you cursing in the title? GD is very offensive and is a tos.

God damn is not offensive, you're just sensitive. Besides, why should anyone care what offends you? That seems like a personal problem and you should get over it.

GD is, obviously, offensive to some people. Just because it's not offensive to you doesn't make it so for others. Simply throwing out a blanket statement like "you're just sensitive" is also poor way to discredit him when you could have simply said "No, it's allowed under TOS. As such, while it may offend you, it's allowed and something you have to deal with."

So is throwing out a blanket statement such as "why should anyone care" because the same thing can simply be applied to you.

I can also say you being so irked by a simple question that honestly wasn't a big deal and overreacting makes you a whiny little **** and you should really get over it.

So yeah, don't argue with over the top broad **** like that, it just makes you look bad man, lol.

Apparently what I said was inflammatory enough to make you insult me. The TOS is in place to prevent abusive behavior, not cater to sensitive users who believe in mythology. No one should give a **** if you get offended, it's a useless statement, just like your response. I never insulted anyone so the fact that you had to call me a ***** shows your butthurt was too much to bare. You should probably get over it.
---
Oblivion called, said they want their troll back.
#30JohnnyKevlarPosted 8/9/2013 6:16:05 PM
peephole303 posted...
_nooB_hunteR posted...
I just spawned twice on nades great!!!!!!! Literally right on top of them.. why and *sigh

Lol that's easy to do, when you spawn drop a nail bomb you have a chance someone will spawn on it, or they may shoot it before anyone spawns there

When you place a bomb on a spawn points, the game won't use that point anymore. There is only one place where I know you can do it, and it's not directly on the point. The game tries to make you spawn away from the enemies and away from bombs, with people spread out, it might make you spawn by enemies sometimes.
To everyone in this thread, the obvious advice is to play survivors, the superior mode.
---
PSN: JohnnyKevlar