The Cordyceps Fungus

#1LegendedPosted 8/10/2013 3:25:14 PM
For those who are interested where the developers came up with the idea for the infected, here is interesting video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8

It's an inspiring video, I must say myself.
---
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
#2skermacPosted 8/10/2013 5:44:48 PM
I've seen that video, its cool

There's a fungus amongus!
#3THEskeksisPosted 8/10/2013 8:26:13 PM
lol so old. i mean pre bbc planet earth old. its funny how this game turned people on to interesting living organisms that were already interesting, and easy to find without some huge media company telling you to find out about it.
---
I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now...
#4peephole303Posted 8/10/2013 8:32:06 PM
THEskeksis posted...
lol so old. i mean pre bbc planet earth old. its funny how this game turned people on to interesting living organisms that were already interesting, and easy to find without some huge media company telling you to find out about it.

sorry took Physics and chem bro i didnt dewle into the Biology department.

-my only knowledge is some sort of worm has a sword fight to determine who is the male in the relationship

- they recently found an arsenic based lifeform in cali i believe(at least a year or so ago)

- very recently discovered a wasp that injects a spider with its eggs and takes controll of the spiders brain so it cocoons itself instead of making a web.
#5skermacPosted 8/10/2013 9:06:40 PM
peephole303 posted...
THEskeksis posted...

sorry took Physics and chem bro i didnt dewle into the Biology department.

-my only knowledge is some sort of worm has a sword fight to determine who is the male in the relationship

- they recently found an arsenic based lifeform in cali i believe(at least a year or so ago)

- very recently discovered a wasp that injects a spider with its eggs and takes controll of the spiders brain so it cocoons itself instead of making a web.

Same here, I never heard of this fungus until the game came out. There's probably many more things out there most of us have never heard of.
#6TheLeafChildPosted 8/17/2013 9:13:42 PM
Cordyceps is tasty.

It's got legitimate uses though, like it's a component in anti-rejection drugs for organ transplant patients and such.
---
"Yin and Yang are not good and evil. Their unity is good, their struggle is evil"