TLOU multiplayer

#1Garrus-18Posted 12/1/2013 1:22:12 PM
Recently got internet and I'm new to the whole online gaming thing, I've played a few matches but can anyone help me to understand what exactly I have to do, I don't have a head set so I run around the maps like a deaf person shooting any hunters I see. I'm in a firefly clan of 9 people the last time I've checked, so any help would be apprieciated.
---
Scratch one, head shot the rest.
#2harcoreblazerPosted 12/1/2013 1:30:09 PM
IMO Multiplayer coulduse some balance and rework.

It can be annoying how long it takes you to kill someone and he has OP weapons and kills you with less shots and effort.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#3AughtforNaughtPosted 12/1/2013 2:12:29 PM
I find the multiplayer to be balanced and incredibly fun. You don't necessarily need a mic to stick close to your team and coordinate well, although it obviously helps.

It's useful to know how many shots it takes to down someone, armor not withstanding.

Revolver- 3 Shots
Semi-Auto- 3 Shots
Shorty- 2 shots but you must be up close
Bow- 2 shots
Burst Rifle- 6 on target
Hunting Rifle- 2 Shots

Obviously a shot to the head will do more damage, some weapons even down in one shot to the head such as the bow and the hunting rifle.

You can upgrade your weapons each match once you collect enough parts. In my opinion the revolver upgraded can go toe to toe with any other weapon if your accuracy is good, so if you want to get good with something try setting up a a revolver class with good perks, perhaps a shotgun as a purchasable weapon.

When setting up your custom classes try to make them a coherent setup, for example first aid training, reviver, and a bow makes an excellent medic class.

Best thing to do is just keep playing and you'll eventually get better.
---
What's harder to maintain than faith? Fideistic belief impresses me to no end.
Reason must be a slave to the emotions, no?
#4Garrus-18(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 2:24:37 PM
Another thing, how would I know if I'm pissing my team off? I often find myself as far away from them running around looking for supplies and trying not to give their locations away, so anytips not what to do in multiplayer?
---
Scratch one, head shot the rest.
#5Game__OnPosted 12/1/2013 4:26:29 PM
I've got a few Last of Us videos on my Youtube channel. Link's in my sig. I've got a playlist, so they're easy to find. Feel free to check them out.
---
Visit my YouTube channel! Let's Plays, Commentaries and more!
(>'_')> - http://www.youtube.com/user/kennygameon - <('_'<)
#6izmozeroPosted 12/1/2013 8:47:07 PM
you should know that walking and crouching won't give your position away on the minimap, but running and reloading and obviously shooting an silenced weapon will

some people go ballistic if you run near them

also some people don't realize that walking doesn't make you show up on the minimap, and they keep telling you to crouch

the only reason to crouch is to stay low/make less audible noise or if you have the highest stealth thingie enabled you won't show up in listen mode while crouched

if you stop moving people can't see you in listen mode too

don't worry so much about upsetting people because some people will be upset no matter what you do

although one thing you might want to avoid is stealing executions, which only really applies when you've all teamed up on one person who seems alone, cos' if there's chaos going on you it really shouldn't matter who is executing, it's just important that the executions take place. if you see the person who downed someone going in for a special execution don't shoot the person before they can do it. similarly it's annoying when you down someone and someone else runs and does the special execution but i always assume that that's their mission that they're doing.
#7eatdust6777Posted 12/1/2013 9:07:52 PM
Every 12 weeks with SURVIVORS IN CLAN will give you a dot next to name.
More dots will give more slashes.
The numbers beside the dots and slashes is how many weeks your clan has survived.

Walking and crouch walking wont show your position on radar but only in listening mode, having convert training 2 will make you invinsible in listening mode for CROUCH WALKING.(Moving while crouching)

Reloading your weapon wont make you show up on radar, it does that to show YOUR teammates that you're doing something.

People will get pisses in some ways such as :
1)Stealing their executions.
2)Not reviving them.
3)Being useless.
4)Sprinting everywhere.

Hope that helped.
---
When I play a game, the thing that keeps me interested is its multiplayer.
#8TVontheRadioPosted 12/1/2013 10:24:38 PM(edited)
add me on PSN and i can help walk you through the whole thing

don't worry too much about sucking

everybody sucks in the beginning, and it usually takes a week or two of regular playing till you get decent

ID: Howlin_Forever
---
http://kambyero.com
#9IMNOTRAGEDPosted 12/1/2013 11:34:41 PM
Watch swifty's videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos

He posts more tlou factions videos than just about anyone else and most of them are quite helpful from basic strategy and how to react to situations to loadouts and strategies for each specific weapon.

AughtforNaught posted...
In my opinion the revolver upgraded can go toe to toe with any other weapon if your accuracy is good, so if you want to get good with something try setting up a a revolver class

This is what I did. I was terrible at first and eventually went to a support class with first aid training and crafter with the revolver only. It's a good way to actually contribute to the team and earn parts while you're still learning the ropes.
#10DarkD3stinyPosted 12/3/2013 12:03:58 AM
Naught it takes 5 bullets to down with a Burst Rifle not 6. Although people tend to use 6 bullets as thats 2 bursts.
---
This topic reveals that re6 has practically most things in it that the old re games had :- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/65066023