Runner stealth? *spoilers?*

#1coolblue16Posted 1/21/2014 9:07:32 PM
Ok, all of a sudden I'm having trouble stealth killing runners. Every time I sneak up on them (crouching, moving slowly) they instantly turn around and detect me at the last second no matter what. I just got to the university in Colorado. Joel heard some runners and told Ellie to stay with the horse while he took care of them. I crept upstairs to where they were, waited for one to shuffle out of the central room, so it was all alone, and then sneaked up behind it and...it instantly turned around and alerted every other runner to my presence.

I let myself die to try again and it keeps happening. This didn't occur earlier in the game; I stealthed them no problem. Does the game just stop allowing stealth in the later parts or something?
---
"Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?! At this time of day!? In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen?!"
#2YAAAARRKKKPosted 1/22/2014 1:04:43 AM
Just hit the ones who are walking with an arrow, or try to press the grab button before you get right on top of them.

I always go with arrows though. The ones that are stationary don't detect you as easily, and if you're lucky you can just retrieve the arrows you shot the mobile runners with, so you don't lose anything.
---
You're gonna carry that weight.
#3snake2410Posted 1/22/2014 1:50:40 AM
YAAAARRKKK posted...
Just hit the ones who are walking with an arrow, or try to press the grab button before you get right on top of them.

I always go with arrows though. The ones that are stationary don't detect you as easily, and if you're lucky you can just retrieve the arrows you shot the mobile runners with, so you don't lose anything.

I tend to tap triangle when I'm approaching them and that seems to work well, even on Survivor when they're more aware of your noise even when you're walking as slow and quiet as possible.

When using arrows always try to hit them in the back or the head, you're a lot more likely to be able to retrieve the arrow that way.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#4Zombie2626Posted 1/22/2014 6:50:33 AM
SEYMORE THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!

Nothing to worry about mother, it's just the northern lights.
---
PSN: TMAN2626, GTAV Crew: CoMtnBoarders
Origin (Simpson Tapped Out): Zombie2626
#5X195Posted 1/22/2014 9:55:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]