Depressing (spoilers)

#11EzeDoesItPosted 1/25/2014 2:42:02 PM
Sol4688 posted...
He's still technically doing "bad things" to survive. Being a smuggler isn't exactly the road to redemption.

lol how is it bad to break a little girl out of a government prison city?
---
http://i.minus.com/ibq5dtkuP7NDIM.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibzW4LeLuR2Z2U.gif
#12Sol4688Posted 1/25/2014 6:57:40 PM
EzeDoesIt posted...
Sol4688 posted...
He's still technically doing "bad things" to survive. Being a smuggler isn't exactly the road to redemption.

Well, not that the law means much in that world... but it IS against the law.

But beyond that, he was also doing his smuggling thing BEFORE he met Ellie, y'know.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
Want a totally awesome webcomic? Check out http://blue-blaster.com/
#13SomeDamnGuyPosted 1/26/2014 8:11:10 AM
EzeDoesIt posted...
Sol4688 posted...

It may not be morally wrong to smuggle Ellie but we know that he is already working outside "the system" and that he only did it for payment so the fact that he's aligned with the "good guys" is a matter of accessibility...who knows what else he's smuggled; he's basically Han Solo. His "illegal activities" also put himself and his party at risk of getting infected which (while it's not directly stated) is probably why the lockdown exists in the first place.
---
PSN: RealCoolGuy
#14Metal_Mario99Posted 1/27/2014 12:29:54 AM
Ratchet_Fan8 posted...
since the world is a wreck,the good and bad perception doesn't exist anymore

Maybe to you it doesn't.
#15ViltrisPosted 1/27/2014 1:41:16 AM
I personally felt the opposite. To me, Joel finding a new adopted daughter in the form of Ellie was his redemption.
---
\/
#16ViltrisPosted 1/27/2014 1:43:29 AM
CharadeSmith posted...
I didn't say he wanted. What i meant by "glimpse" referred to what we saw, WE, the player...without being inside Joel and knowing what he thinks and feels.

Actually, I think we *do* know what Joel thinks and feels. He'll do anything and everything he can to protect his daughter. (Of course, if you're not a parent or don't have any family or loved ones that you would do anything and everything to protect, I can understand why you don't understand.)
---
\/
#17KingofDeceit666Posted 1/28/2014 3:38:40 AM
EzeDoesIt posted...
Sol4688 posted...

Because that's the only thing he ever smuggled...
---
http://tinyurl.com/c5ambvk - http://tinyurl.com/mk9vjz9 - http://tinyurl.com/okfh7ba
#18CharadeSmith(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 3:40:00 AM(edited)
Viltris posted...
I personally felt the opposite. To me, Joel finding a new adopted daughter in the form of Ellie was his redemption.

It's not really redemption when what you do is selfish and basically shafts a whole bunch of other people (in this case the whole ruman race; regardless of whether you think they are worth saving or not)
And seeing as how Ellie wanted to do what they set out to do..he basically got a daughter that isn't his daughter by cheating her out of her "fate" (which btw she had been "waiting" for since Riley died)
It might not be sad for Joel, but it's really sad for Ellie.

and one can argue that this makes Joel not all that different from David. If it weren't for what they had already been through up until that point, this would probably make Ellie hate him/fear him as she did David.
#19ViltrisPosted 1/31/2014 1:45:24 AM
CharadeSmith posted...
Viltris posted...

It's not really redemption when what you do is selfish and basically shafts a whole bunch of other people (in this case the whole ruman race; regardless of whether you think they are worth saving or not)
And seeing as how Ellie wanted to do what they set out to do..he basically got a daughter that isn't his daughter by cheating her out of her "fate" (which btw she had been "waiting" for since Riley died)

Do you remember the conversation Joel and Ellie had in Tommy's town? About how Ellie was constantly being shuffled from one person to another, because she was always someone else's problem. And how in the ending, she was saying how everyone she's ever cared about has either died or abandoned her. So now she has Joel, and that's not sad at all.

It sounds like you don't really understand parenting. When you love someone, you will do everything and anything you can to protect them.
---
\/
#20CharadeSmith(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 3:15:19 AM
Viltris posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
Viltris posted...

Do you remember the conversation Joel and Ellie had in Tommy's town? About how Ellie was constantly being shuffled from one person to another, because she was always someone else's problem. And how in the ending, she was saying how everyone she's ever cared about has either died or abandoned her. So now she has Joel, and that's not sad at all.

It sounds like you don't really understand parenting. When you love someone, you will do everything and anything you can to protect them.

That's supposed to be a good thing? If you'll do everything and anything, then you'll do all worst kind of things.