PSA: If I put my execution/interrogation on hold to stop and revive you...

#1SicSlayerPosted 2/11/2014 8:53:26 AM
and you're mashing triangle to steal it as soon as I pick you up, I can guarantee you I will never pick you up again. I do not care if its just you and me with no enemies around, I will let you bleed out.

Don't be greedy. Don't be a scumbag.
---
Send Samuel L. Jackson after that mother****er. He'll bring it back. - REDDAP
#2Jin_SakazakiPosted 2/11/2014 9:39:07 AM
LOL I do that to my friends and they do that to me. But when teamed with a random, I practice more decorum. I can understand your sentiment
---
Tonight I dine on turtler soup.....
#3DanielSpace79Posted 2/11/2014 10:57:01 AM
LOL I completely 100% agree.

That said, I have ...a bit more sympathy if it's occasional and is a sole result of a revenge kill. As in I was in a gun fight with you and you magically skated 100 feet from me to down me with a wooded board as I'm shooting you and you down me, then a teammate rezes me, I'll want revenge. I'm not saying it's right, but I can sympathize with that motivation.
---
PSN: TheWorstType for RE6 and TLOU
Props to Hero-Dub for Reading my Novels
#4KishinZephritePosted 2/11/2014 12:08:17 PM(edited)
When it happens to me, I don't let it get to me because it's parts in a video game and stats we're talking about here. Granted, if someone does that to me, I'll know to kill first before reviving that player if it happens again.
---
MW2 3rd prestige 5.5 K/D Youtube-Kishinz
BO 3rd prestige 4.4 K/D PSN: KishinOmega
#5Delta0126Posted 2/11/2014 4:20:00 PM
I don't let that bother me either, I'm actually glad when either the person I'm reviving me does that or another member of my team does it or uses their gun to take them down since I rather not have the chance of the enemy team coming to revive that downed teammate since that downed enemy is giving our position away, though I know some people purposely do that to set up an ambush, however that works more when we're in better cover and not trying to revive a teammate.

Hell, I'm even more glad when it's an interrogation considering how crucial it is, I remember when that happened to me where I downed somebody, went to revive my teammate that had been downed by the enemy I downed, another teammate comes up to help out and as soon as he comes back up, molotov comes in out of nowhere and two enemies swarm in, if only that teammate that came to watch out for me had interrogated the enemy that I had downed we would have gotten a full interrogation bar and possibly we could have avoided the ambush since the guy I had downed was giving our position away, but instead two of them died, I survived because of my armor, the guy I had downed was revived and I got interrogated. We managed to somehow win the match in the end though, but it was still a bit frustrating and wasn't the first time that has happened either.
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#6Realization4Posted 2/11/2014 5:10:54 PM
SicSlayer posted...
and you're mashing triangle to steal it as soon as I pick you up, I can guarantee you I will never pick you up again. I do not care if its just you and me with no enemies around, I will let you bleed out.

Don't be greedy. Don't be a scumbag.

I feel the same way when I go to heal someone (after telling them I'm coming) and they use a med kit or when someone blatantly doesn't pick me up.

That being said, I'm sure I'm guilty of making the same mistakes. But, when I do, I unmute my mic and apologize.

The mic is probably worth it just for the apologies!
---
Best topic ever: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938621-playstation-home/47119413
#7tam_cajbPosted 2/11/2014 11:24:15 PM
I don't do it myself because I know people get pissed about that sort of thing, but I don't mind when someone else does it to me. I get parts for the down and parts for the revive. If my teammate takes the execution, then he gets parts for that and when its over, we both get supplies, no matter who did it. You don't get as many as if you did it yourself, but it's not a bad team tactic.
#8Redfield_67Posted 2/12/2014 3:54:55 AM
Get over it. The reason it happens is not because that person is trying to "OMGZstealinmakillzbra!"...

It's because they're angry at the person who downed them and they want that sweet taste of revenge. I've been guilty of it at times...and I've also had situations where I've revived someone, knowing full-well that they will hit triangle instantly, but I've let them do it and take their revenge.

Bottom line - It's going to happen 9 times out of 10. If you're desperate for the kill, take it and then revive.
---
Go home and be a family man.
#9Redfield_67Posted 2/12/2014 3:57:54 AM
Also, that whole "if I see you doing it, I'm not going to revive you" attitude is pretty childish and doesn't get the team anywhere. Rise above it.

Kind of a double-edged sword too...if your other team mates see you purposely ignore a revive...chances are you're going to suffer the same fate when you inevitably get downed.
---
Go home and be a family man.
#10izmozeroPosted 2/12/2014 4:54:38 AM
unless the other 3 players on the team are dead it's best to do the execution before reviving anyway
it's the worst when you get killed while reviving someone and a downed enemy gets revived