Incredible game all around. Now post things that you didn't like about the game.

#1SixStringHeroPosted 4/19/2014 7:48:47 PM
I don't like how enemies weapons be it pistols, rifles or shotguns instantly disappear the moment you grab them or kill them. The weapon just vanishes into thin air.

This leads me to my second gripe. Enemies never reload their fire arms. They continue shooting until they lose sight of you. Would have made for more intense stand offs if an enemy ran dry and you bum rush their position for a melee battle.

Third. Enemies don't react to your flashlight. It makes stealth easier, but it seems silly I can be creeping up on an enemy and illuminating the wall in front of them and they seem to ignore that little detail. Even in games like FEAR which isn't stealth based at all, enemies would react to your flashlight and yell out to their buddies, "Flashlight!"
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#2ScaryTimesPosted 4/19/2014 8:22:40 PM(edited)
SixStringHero posted...
I don't like how enemies weapons be it pistols, rifles or shotguns instantly disappear the moment you grab them or kill them. The weapon just vanishes into thin air.

This leads me to my second gripe. Enemies never reload their fire arms. They continue shooting until they lose sight of you. Would have made for more intense stand offs if an enemy ran dry and you bum rush their position for a melee battle.

Third. Enemies don't react to your flashlight. It makes stealth easier, but it seems silly I can be creeping up on an enemy and illuminating the wall in front of them and they seem to ignore that little detail. Even in games like FEAR which isn't stealth based at all, enemies would react to your flashlight and yell out to their buddies, "Flashlight!"

human enemies react to your flash light only infected ignore it.

Things I do not like are
1. the over forgiving checkpoints, it saves to often to the point of dying not being a set back.
2. not having a option for none sixaxis controllers to fix the flashlight when it gets messed up, if it starts to mess up you have to kill yourself to fix it
#3Omisan771Posted 4/20/2014 6:31:44 AM
The only thing that really bothers me are unrealistic weapons and the inventory system that limits how many of each item and ammunition you can carry regardless of its size and weight.

A revolver that can hold over 6 rounds, while the other one starts with a single round capacity. The Shotgun model has obviously a 5 shells magazine, but you can upgrade it to 8. The bolt action rifle can only 3 rounds while fully upgraded. The shorty shotgun is an impossible contraption. The flamethrower's design is cartoonish.

You can carry all of these weapons at once, but only 3 shivs and 3 bandages. Why?

I wish the game featured real guns and forced you to choose which ones you want to carry instead of carrying an arsenal on your back.
#4moxxidudePosted 4/20/2014 7:05:25 AM
I don't like how you move from one season to the next and still manage to have the exact same inventory you ended the last season with. I'm assuming there is a passage of time between season changes...
---
The Badly Animated Marvel Christmas Carol featuring JJJ, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Stan Lee & more!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPViWguwPj4
#5KryptoPyro13Posted 4/20/2014 7:34:24 AM
Weapons and craftable items don't carry over to NG+. I want my OP Flamethrower as a reward! D:
---
"Expect nothing. That way you will never be disappointed."
#6panda360Posted 4/20/2014 4:18:36 PM
It would have been cool if there were more types on infected. The waters seem a bit empty, if you know what I'm saying. The first time I had to swim, I was dreading it in case something grabbed me from bellow.

The deaths seemed a tad anti climatic, which was good because I don't necessarily want to watch a 5 second death scene and sit through a 5 second loading screen before getting back into the action, but a bite got old. It was neat since a bite literally meant game over for Joel since he would have been infected from then and would either be killed or turn... then get killed.

I really enjoyed the game. Started it up and for the first hour or so I felt that it would be horribly over rated, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
#7AndyDonoPosted 4/20/2014 5:48:29 PM
Weapons not carrying over to NG+. I was super disappointed when I discovered I couldn't use the assault rifle at the beginning.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#8DevsBroPosted 4/22/2014 10:39:45 AM
panda360 posted...
It was neat since a bite literally meant game over for Joel

Hm. This seems to provide a kind of insight about Sam's question of whether the people are still "inside" somewhere. But then again other characters who get bitten seem to remain themselves for a while.
---
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6457/rlonmaien.jpg http://i.imgur.com/7OKFr.jpg http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8706/capturemo.png
#9megaman623Posted 4/22/2014 12:14:22 PM
I love the game, but the sniper sequence in the Suburbs seems poorly designed. It's almost as if it wasn't play tested.

Joel tells Ellie, Sam, and Henry to distract the sniper so he can sneak up on him. They don't.

The sniper doesn't exist until you enter the room. There is no one operating the gun. Also, the gun doesn't move. If you are at an angle, a bullet will leave the chamber and hit you dead on, despite it not aiming at you at all.

Once you get to the gun, it's pretty cool. Until that armored vehicle shows up again (somehow), and then you kill it in a contrived and forced way.
---
A winner is you!
#10m-devil555Posted 4/30/2014 2:03:19 PM
The entire game was really repetitive,and I didn't like that.