hard?

#11DevsBroPosted 4/30/2014 6:23:04 AM
KryptoPyro13 posted...
GuyFawkes5 posted...
MegamanFan814 posted...
I hope they fix the shiv and new game plus exploits in the PS4 version so people actually gave to beat the game.

Hard mode is barely any more difficult than normal. Survivor is a step up, but still not terribly difficult. You just learn to be more careful.

I agree, however like myself I will NOT even touch the shiv glitch. if anyone out there actually wants the full survival feel then maybe they won't either.

Shivs are so rare on survivor that you barely have enough for the shiv doors. I made the mistake of using one on an enemy once and had to forego a door.

I had the opposite problem. I crafted three shivs and was carrying them around, then I found one in a locker in the subway station. I was maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
---
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6457/rlonmaien.jpg http://i.imgur.com/7OKFr.jpg http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8706/capturemo.png
#12MegamanFan814Posted 4/30/2014 8:20:57 AM
KryptoPyro13 posted...
GuyFawkes5 posted...
MegamanFan814 posted...
I hope they fix the shiv and new game plus exploits in the PS4 version so people actually gave to beat the game.

Hard mode is barely any more difficult than normal. Survivor is a step up, but still not terribly difficult. You just learn to be more careful.

I agree, however like myself I will NOT even touch the shiv glitch. if anyone out there actually wants the full survival feel then maybe they won't either.

Shivs are so rare on survivor that you barely have enough for the shiv doors. I made the mistake of using one on an enemy once and had to forego a door.

That's the point. But cheating to get extra shivs helps those who can't do it on their own I suppose. +1 for the casual gamers.
---
PSN: MisterPaydon
#13KryptoPyro13Posted 4/30/2014 8:32:53 AM
To be fair, I never knew that you needed a full use shiv before that since I didn't use one ever before my survivor run... lol
---
"Expect nothing. That way you will never be disappointed."
#14Umbris_LetalisPosted 4/30/2014 8:26:21 PM
I didn't use the cheat the first time I played through on Survivor or my very first file, in fact I wasn't really aware it existed. On subsequent runs though? I abused the hell out of it.

I wonder if you even get enough supplies to make the shivs to open every single door on Survivor...
---
PSN: LostRequiem1|3DS FC: 3067-5637-2563 - PM me so I can add back
#15Jediknight1985Posted 4/30/2014 9:31:48 PM
Umbris_Letalis posted...
I didn't use the cheat the first time I played through on Survivor or my very first file, in fact I wasn't really aware it existed. On subsequent runs though? I abused the hell out of it.

I wonder if you even get enough supplies to make the shivs to open every single door on Survivor...

you can but you can't make any bombs or modded melee weapons. There is just enough for the shivs, maybe one full binding or blades left over at the end, maybe
---
3DS code: 1934-1184-1449
End of Line
#16kenshindono(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2014 5:56:28 PM
ill ask again.,. what is the shiv glitch?
---
"Don't worry, the worst that could happen is we all die"-Jade/TOA
#17V3kobeV3Posted 5/2/2014 8:10:04 AM
Haha the shiv glitch is when you have a modified melee weapon and switch it for a normal melee weapon then switch again for your original modified melee weapon, it gives you back the supplies used to create a shiv and melee weapon whilst also keeping the modified weapon :D and iv only used the glitch to shiv open the doors as im on my survivor run and missed a few on my 1st run through I dont shiv enemies I usually choke them out
---
Pokemon X FC: 0361-7640-3077
PSN: james457890
#18ThumbPowerPosted 5/2/2014 1:35:10 PM
For Survivor Mode, you can craft two bladed items and still be able to open all shiv doors...
Assuming all blade/binding/shiv pickups are made and no shiv kills or clicker shivs.

You will get supplies when you pick up the first one, but wait until after Downtown to craft it.
You will get up to one full blade when you pickup the nail bomb, depending on what you already have. If you have more than one blade you will only get explosives.
You will get a one use shiv after Suburbs, if you remember to leave room for it.

GL!
TP
---
Search youtube: "The Last of Us: Survivor Mode Kills" for a Kill 'Em All guide (Age Restricted)
#19BrunozaynPosted 5/2/2014 1:44:24 PM
kenshindono posted...
just wondering what hard difficulty does. Does it just make joel weaker? ammo scarcer? I want to double check that it does NOT just make enemies bullet sponges. I hate when games do garbage like that, especially survival type games like this

Survival is more harder
#20koolboy123Posted 5/3/2014 8:02:35 AM
MegamanFan814 posted...
KryptoPyro13 posted...
GuyFawkes5 posted...
MegamanFan814 posted...

That's the point. But cheating to get extra shivs helps those who can't do it on their own I suppose. +1 for the casual gamers.

lol you're sooo hardcore man. i bet you go to sleep without a night light.
---
E6300 @ 1.86GHz / HP 0A60h / 1GB DDR2 @ 332MHz
Vaseline: the greatest liquid on earth