Finished this game last week

#11TheGray250Posted 4/30/2014 2:06:54 PM
FredericChopin posted...
TheGray250 posted...

Oh, so you did a second play through? Awesome! RPG's are my main genre as well, but God this game was just so good. Yeah, when you get the hang of it, it gets more bearable. Survivor on the hand. *shudders* it's a nightmare!

Actually, TLoU is the primary reason why I haven't made any progress at all on my RPG backlog this year so far. Truly TLoU was one of those "believe the hype" games. TLoU also seems to also have wide appeal - I think whether RPGs, shooters, action/adventure, or even the "interactive movies" like Heavy Rain are your thing, you will find something to like in TLoU. If you ever check out the main PS3 board, TLoU actually gets a fair amount of hate there which always amazes me.

Of course, much as I would love for everyone to enjoy this fantastic game, there will always be people who don't like something. But I don't read that crap though. They have their opinions, and hey, that's good for them, but I can't read them and remain...well reasonable when their main intention is that of negativity, just to express contempt. Sounds like something a monk would say but I would rather avoid flame wars you know?
#12FredericChopinPosted 4/30/2014 3:44:51 PM
TheGray250 posted...
FredericChopin posted...
TheGray250 posted...

Oh, so you did a second play through? Awesome! RPG's are my main genre as well, but God this game was just so good. Yeah, when you get the hang of it, it gets more bearable. Survivor on the hand. *shudders* it's a nightmare!

Actually, TLoU is the primary reason why I haven't made any progress at all on my RPG backlog this year so far. Truly TLoU was one of those "believe the hype" games. TLoU also seems to also have wide appeal - I think whether RPGs, shooters, action/adventure, or even the "interactive movies" like Heavy Rain are your thing, you will find something to like in TLoU. If you ever check out the main PS3 board, TLoU actually gets a fair amount of hate there which always amazes me.

Of course, much as I would love for everyone to enjoy this fantastic game, there will always be people who don't like something. But I don't read that crap though. They have their opinions, and hey, that's good for them, but I can't read them and remain...well reasonable when their main intention is that of negativity, just to express contempt. Sounds like something a monk would say but I would rather avoid flame wars you know?

Agreed 100%
This is getting off-topic, but having read posts on the main PS3 board, there are three opinions I see posted there quite often, which I really struggle to understand:
1. Hate on TLoU
2. Hate on Ni No Kuni - granted, I don't think NNK is the best RPG ever made, but I don't think it is terrible either.
3. Journey as GOTY/best game ever. As a huge fan of that genre (heck, i think Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are two of the best games ever made), I struggle to understand the popularity of Journey. Seemed like a step back for the genre, especially compared to Ico and SoTC.

But like you said, best to avoid flame wars!
---
"There is no one else! I am the only one here!"
- Frederic Chopin, Eternal Sonata