Is this worth to get?(need a urgent response please)

#1At3yuPosted 4/29/2014 3:15:08 PM
Hi,so I got an offer to swap this for my copy of Metal Gear Solid V:Ground Zero,is it worth it?what's the replayability of this game on single player?new game + mode? Etc.I need to know asap as I might swap it today(I live in s.a,so your time abroad may be different).
#2EtroAnimePosted 4/29/2014 3:20:53 PM
At3yu posted...
Hi,so I got an offer to swap this for my copy of Metal Gear Solid V:Ground Zero,is it worth it?what's the replayability of this game on single player?new game + mode? Etc.I need to know asap as I might swap it today(I live in s.a,so your time abroad may be different).

Yes it is worth it IMO, story could take 15-20hours to beat depending on play style and there is a new game plus mode for this that unlocks a new difficulty mode after first completion.
---
Far gone in Deep Space Ignition.
PSN ID: Rammel29
#3EzeDoesItPosted 4/29/2014 5:34:33 PM
I know you specified single player, but if you're into multiplayer this game's will eat up a lot of your time once you get into it. It's great and addicting.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibq5dtkuP7NDIM.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibzW4LeLuR2Z2U.gif
#4GuyFawkes5Posted 4/29/2014 6:17:16 PM
I'd say no. Ground Zero's was just a glorified expansion and a cash grab IMO.

inb4anythinganyonehastosay
---
Believe in the Fireflies.
#5The 1 ExecutionerPosted 4/29/2014 6:21:34 PM
Single player? No/maybe but I would suggest to wait for the PS4 version (if you own one).

If you "want" to try the MP, be very careful because you'll get addicted to it (no matter how much bs it gets at times). It's fun and like Eze said, it'll eat up your time.
---
PSN: BioGoldfish
#6AssassinHawkinsPosted 4/29/2014 7:36:43 PM
GuyFawkes5 posted...

Wat.

He's considering swapping his Ground Zero for TLoU. I'd say that's definitely worth it.
#7SolidStryderPosted 4/29/2014 8:37:28 PM
I'd go for it. The game definitely has replayability with the collectibles and new game + mode. It's also one of my favorite experiences of the gen.

GuyFawkes5 posted...

inb4youactuallyreadthepost
#8LiquidAntagonisPosted 4/30/2014 7:52:23 AM
As others have said, the multiplayer will provide countless hours of additional play. The single player, on the other hand, is fun yet limited (as most games are). You may get more hours out of it through self imposed challenges like "don't take any damage" or "only use silent takedowns" or some other challenge.

The story itself takes around 15 to 20 hours, with an additional 3 to 5 hours if you include the story DLC. Aside from that, I'd say you'll get a maximum of 30 to 45 hours of play, depending on which difficulty setting you begin on, and depending on other factors like whether or not you care about trophies, playing on all difficulties, playing through on new game plus, fully modding your guns, and getting all the collectibles.

There's no arcade style play here, unless you count the multiplayer, so don't expect anything like Resident Evils' Mercenaries mode.
---
>provides users with the ability to dispute a "moderation"
>list of reasons why every argument is "refutable" =_=
#9DevsBroPosted 4/30/2014 9:09:40 AM
This is my favorite game ever. I'll copy my review from Backloggery:

Best game ever. The characters, the world and the story feel so real (well ok, with one exception being not-dead zombies). There is so much emotion and thought packed into this game. The game does a good job of transferring experiences from the characters to the player. Gameplay does receive some criticism but I think it is very well-implemented into the theme of survival. Everything is done in real time, from healing to crafting and upgrading supplies and weapons.

There are only 500 characters there so I couldn't elaborate, so I'll say a little more: There's a lot to think about in this game. Lots of moral dilemmas, lots of open ends. I love it.

There's a new game+, there are four difficulties (with a fifth coming via DLC) to give you more to do when you're done. 15-20 hours sounds about right.

Criticisms of gameplay include the slow-paced control out of combat (your walking/running speeds vary based on context in an interesting way and this can make searching for supplies a pain), overall complaints about shooting mechanics (the shooting feels just like Uncharted with breathing sway to me; dunno why the complaints) and your typical taste issues, like they wanted it to be an open-world game instead of what it is.

But on the other hand it does a good job of implementing the survival thing into gameplay by having stuff lying around that you can pick up and use offensively or to help you sneak around, and the game does a good job of making this feel natural instead of feeling like "oh there must be a tough part coming up since there's a lead pipe here." There is one big exception I can think of. For those who have finished the game and are curious what I'm talking about: In the university science building, they make it obvious a backtracking firefight is coming by having Joel barrel through all the doors instead of opening them casually

Long story short: YES.
---
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6457/rlonmaien.jpg http://i.imgur.com/7OKFr.jpg http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8706/capturemo.png
#10BrunozaynPosted 5/1/2014 9:26:49 AM
At3yu posted...

At3yu posted...

At3yu posted...

Yes, of course