The Custom Soundtrack Swap Thread

#1JenniferTatePosted 6/15/2012 9:32:05 AM(edited)
If you're like me, the first half of the soundtrack listing gives you nostalgic glee. And the other makes you cringe. Sure, maybe those new tracks will grow on you (positive association and all), but I thought it'd be cool to start throwing down some bands you'd like to share that maybe you're putting on your hard drive for some custom soundtrack action!

I'm definitely adding

The Distillers
Teenage Bottlerocket
Screeching Weasel
Alkaline Trio
A lot more Bad Religion and Lagwagon
Bad Astronaut
NOFX
Tsunami Bomb
The Runaways
Social Distortion
Metric
Dessa
Doomtree
A lot more Public Enemy
Beastie Boys
#2PostModernMartrPosted 6/15/2012 2:51:16 PM
I'm just going to mute the tv and shuffle my itunes. If this game had a remixer like SSX did then I would probably put stuff on, but it seems like a waste of time, energy, and blank cds to put songs on that you'll here over and over and only 2 minutes worth.

I do like your inclusion of Doomtree, but why only Dessa solo? You need some POS & Cecil Otter too.
#3JenniferTate(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2012 8:49:00 PM
All good choices, sir, but I've just been inspired by Castor, The Twin and Badly Broken Code lately with all my art.

Something about that stripped down The Crow and Bullpen and Dutch will be pretty rad for rocking things up as Lyn-Z Hawkins.
#4MjsporPosted 6/18/2012 3:57:04 PM
Your list is pretty much verbatim what I intend on adding from my punk collection. I'd also like to incorporate a lot of 90s hip-hop, stuff like "Soul Flower" by Pharcyde and "Releasing Hypnotical Gases" by Organized Konfusion.
#5JenniferTate(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 9:29:10 PM
Both are excellent calls! I'd throw down some Digital Underground and A Tribe Called Quest.

Did you ever play Thrasher: Skate and Destroy? That had one of the best hip-hop soundtracks, I need to get those tracks ready.
---
AmyMadison, why don't we give you a $#%ing humanitarian award? - LordOfHate