Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD success merits 'a fuller game,' Robomodo says

#1yankeefan03Posted 7/30/2012 12:23:25 PM
http://m.joystiq.com/2012/07/30/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-success-merits-a-fuller-game-robomo/?post=1&icid=joystiq_xbox_art
---
"I would like to hear a couple of the new tracks just to wet my appetite."
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend
#2Merc123Posted 7/30/2012 12:30:29 PM
I figured this would be a very possible route after THPSHD. THPSHD seemed like a test to see if people would want to play the old style TH games again, and it seems they did.

I can see a full game being fixing up some stuff due to a higher budget. Glitches will probably be fixed up, even though i had had next to none. Create a skater and create a park will most likely come back. I could see a full game trying to fix some fan complaints with this one and adding to it.

All in all i think its good news.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#3yankeefan03(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 12:33:12 PM
Merc123 posted...
I figured this would be a very possible route after THPSHD. THPSHD seemed like a test to see if people would want to play the old style TH games again, and it seems they did.

I can see a full game being fixing up some stuff due to a higher budget. Glitches will probably be fixed up, even though i had had next to none. Create a skater and create a park will most likely come back. I could see a full game trying to fix some fan complaints with this one and adding to it.

All in all i think its good news.

Same. Will it be a whole new game with new levels but keep the old school style there or a bigger game with more hd levels?
---
#4TreblaYevrahPosted 7/30/2012 12:40:39 PM
If this series actually comes back full force, I may need to stop letting my mother use my PS3 exclusively for Netflix.
---
Game hacking/info (Resident Evil, etc), and more:
treblayevrah.webs.com
#5Merc123Posted 7/30/2012 12:41:31 PM
I would hope it would be a new game with new levels. I would love to get some new ones levels since i am kind of tired of the open world thing. I would want some crazy new levels, places you can't skate in real life and such, like the Airport and Zoo were in 3 and 4.

Though i think in a game with all new levels, some old ones should be brought back too. I don't think we need a whole nother game with classic levels.
---
#6DeSchweppesPosted 7/30/2012 12:45:53 PM
Definitely great news

Hopefully once they roll out the DLC and other ports of this game, they'll get to work on that new entry in the series.

Personally (for my little wish-list moment), I'm hoping they actually make Pro Skater 5. All the gameplay elements of Pro Skater 4 + walking (I wouldn't mind if there wasn't walking though), at least a dozen levels, and custom parks/skaters/boards (with a sharing system for created content). I'd pay $60 for that.
---
OH NO, NOT THE FANS. AAAAAH!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mgXwVx5jIk&feature=plcp
#7Merc123Posted 7/30/2012 1:02:14 PM
DeSchweppes posted...
Definitely great news

Personally (for my little wish-list moment), I'm hoping they actually make Pro Skater 5. All the gameplay elements of Pro Skater 4 + walking (I wouldn't mind if there wasn't walking though), at least a dozen levels, and custom parks/skaters/boards (with a sharing system for created content). I'd pay $60 for that.

I think that would be a very cool thing for them to name it THPS5 considering we are coming up on 10 years since THPS4.

One thing i think they need to put back in though is the L/R level out system if you miss your gap on a quarter pipe. Walking would be nice, Spine transfers would be cool, skitching would be kind of cool, im bummed we can't skitch the golf car in School II here. Oh and wallplants should come back too.
---
#8Solid SonicPosted 7/30/2012 1:03:32 PM(edited)
I figured this would be a very possible route after THPSHD.

So did I. I never said it but in the back of my head I always felt like Activision was expressing interest in a proper revival through this game.

I'm all for it.
---
If it can't run well on PC, then it wasn't worth playing.
I'm just saying what I know you're thinking.
#9RugterWyper32Posted 7/30/2012 1:12:22 PM
Merc123 posted...
DeSchweppes posted...
Definitely great news

I think that would be a very cool thing for them to name it THPS5 considering we are coming up on 10 years since THPS4.

One thing i think they need to put back in though is the L/R level out system if you miss your gap on a quarter pipe. Walking would be nice, Spine transfers would be cool, skitching would be kind of cool, im bummed we can't skitch the golf car in School II here. Oh and wallplants should come back too.

I'd think going back to the controls of THPS4, not adding walking and maybe adding some features seen in the later games (wallplants, for example) would be great for it. While I like how walking works in the series, I feel it makes it easier. Part of the challenge I love of the previous games is figuring out how to get to a certain area using only your skateboarding skills. The SKATE goal in London of THPS4 is a good example of that, I'd say.
---
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/rugterwyper32
Currently playing: Spyro the Dragon 2, Morrowind, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages
#10yankeefan03(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2012 7:15:24 AM
So does this mean after Tony hawk 3 dlc there won't be anymore dlc? If so I may be a little angry.
---
More topics from this board...
Price drop...?Syxx676110/19 3:58PM