Anyone getting tired of the Kazshima storyline?

#1zacR110Posted 2/8/2012 7:13:15 PM
I am, it's getting so cheesy and dull. Tekken will get boring after a while if it keeps doing this. There are like 40 characters and the main focus is on only 7 or 8 of them. After this non-canonical game they should make the story a little more balanced. Whaddya say?
#2final_chancePosted 2/8/2012 10:01:35 PM
Lol...you play Tekken for story? You are in the minority. The rest of us don't care. We want ridiculous juggle-tastic gameplay.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#3zacR110(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2012 11:18:43 PM
Well it has become more about the gameplay but it makes my favorite characters feel inferior >.>
#4Farhan_MalikPosted 2/9/2012 6:50:51 AM
I'm super sick of all the kazamas and mishimas. They're like a never-ending plague.

And it sickens me even more to see so many kazaMA-mishima fans roaming about here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQZm10eHVSs
#5Solid SonicPosted 2/9/2012 1:47:27 PM

Lol...you play Tekken for story? You are in the minority. The rest of us don't care. We want ridiculous juggle-tastic gameplay.

Why is this the only genre where such a mentality applies?

Do you realize what you're missing by not seeing the forest through the trees (to paraphrase a post I made on another forum that I quite liked)?
---
If you pay for Xbox LIVE, I hope your source of income suddenly evaporates and you come to realize that money is valuable.
#6gamestop27Posted 2/9/2012 2:24:55 PM(edited)
When Tekken 6 was still in arcades and Namco was releasing various trailers especially the opening for Bloodline Rebellion, I was very optimistic about the family face off the trailers were insinuating, then after I after getting my hands on the game and seeing all the endings were really just a bunch of jokes AND Lars taking the spotlight from Jin in scenario campaign; to hell with the story.
---
You can't hide from a ninja you idiot, that's their specialty
#7final_chancePosted 2/9/2012 4:17:59 PM
Damn near every other game I play is story heavy. I also read frequently. Sometimes I just want to kick back and have a good time without being "mentally" engaged. The fighting genre fits that bill perfectly. The whole point is to beat up the opponent. I don't need to hear their life story beforehand.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#8bend6000Posted 2/9/2012 5:08:58 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I actually prefer the joke endings. I'm not going to take the story seriously anyway, so they might as well try to make me chuckle.
---
*Proud follower of Jesus Christ*
#9gamestop27Posted 2/9/2012 5:44:54 PM
I wouldn't be half as mad about the joke endings if they weren't so dishonest with the editing of the endings in the earlier trailers to make it seem like they were gonna deliver this badass story.
---
You can't hide from a ninja you idiot, that's their specialty
#10zacR110(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2012 8:34:31 PM
I don't really hate the Mishima-Kazama family but they seem too overpowered in terms of story which really makes me mad. I wish they'd spice things up a bit. Because Paul was the only winnr right? and that was back in Tekken 3 :P