T6 or this?

#1AfroPrimePosted 3/28/2012 7:25:46 PM
New to the Tekken series. I played T5 a couple times, and DR on PSP very briefly.

Would you folks recommend T6 now or should I wait for TTT2?
Also, is the BR update available to consoles for T6?
---
LP LP -> LK HP
#2werewolfgoldPosted 3/29/2012 3:54:54 AM
BR is the console T6.

I'm sure you can find T6 for $10-20 bucks by now. I say go get that. This won't be out until November or December at least.
---
The full moon is beautiful, don't you think? Have you ever had the chance to look at it?
#3ZTS_vs_DeckPosted 3/29/2012 8:58:33 PM
Tekken 6 is the best Tekken and may end up being the best Tekken of all time. Get it and play it.
#4xFINALBOSSxPosted 4/1/2012 7:31:51 PM
Wow. Have you done any research yourself? Its not like both games are coming out at the same time. T6 has been out for centuries, and its dirt cheap too. You might as well buy it if you are interested in tekken.
#5meestah009Posted 4/2/2012 3:34:29 AM
I got Tekken 6 a few weeks ago at Frys for $20, last copy on the shelf. Been playing it non-stop ever since. Before that I played it all the time on my PSP. Had it for my 360 a long time ago, before it RROD'd.

On a side note, the shelf was filled to capacity with copies of Street Fighter x Tekken, lol.
---
Suckaz need to wash dey ass...
#6AfroPrime(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 2:50:38 AM
xFINALBOSSx posted...
Wow. Have you done any research yourself? Its not like both games are coming out at the same time. T6 has been out for centuries, and its dirt cheap too. You might as well buy it if you are interested in tekken.

Busted. I didn't do my homework and have placed the horrible burden of a recommendation onto the fine folks of GameFAQs, how heartless I be. Wow indeed.

Honestly, the results of my question is my research since it's such a simple and easy one to answer for fans of the series, which I am not (yet).

Guess we're not allowed to ask questions around here without foot notes and a citations page.

Otherwise I thank everyone for their replies and will pick up a copy of T6 when I get the chance.
---
LP LP -> LK HP
#7Azuma_NarooNPosted 4/8/2012 3:06:54 AM

Chill out. The site is called GameFAQs, y'know, so people can get help. (assuming you're actually on GFAQs anyway, but the point still stands either way.)
---
LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
"Hahahahahahaha - Mara Aramov
#8silly_sausagePosted 4/10/2012 4:09:20 AM
I personally didn't like Tekken 6 or it's new characters at all (Bob!!!), but there's still a long time before TTT2 comes out, so I don't think there's any harm in picking up T6.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#9LandonioPosted 4/10/2012 8:15:58 PM
Tekken 6 is the best Tekken and may end up being the best Tekken of all time. Get it and play it.

Tekken 2 and 3 say hi.
---
ROLL TIDE
Now Playing: Amalur, Arkham Asylum:GOTY, Final Fantasy XIII, SoulCalibur V, Resident Evil 4: HD, Bastion
#10jmtstanPosted 4/11/2012 7:46:27 PM
since the home version of TTT2 has the 1vs1 mode, i'd get this one, plus it has all the T6 characters plus lots of returning cast from past series and Jun Kazama.
---
I bought Galaxy Note instead of Vita... what am I thinking?
PSN: jmtstan1138