About Ogre, serious

#1Crimson_RexPosted 5/14/2012 1:24:02 PM
If I don't get the chance to play as Humanoid Ogre, I will snap. I want to stare at a Ogre with a T-shirt/Jean combo soooo badly.
---
Forever Dreaming: Days of Future Past
Willamette Shopper: I worship Frank West
#2NocturneDreamPosted 5/14/2012 2:37:57 PM
Customization will exist, you know.

I don't get how people can whine about palette swap characters and then demand a palette swap of Ogre. Humanoid and monster forms of Ogre have virtually the same moveset except monster Ogre has more.

Even with the differences, with the way the gameplay is now, they can fit every combo that humanoid Ogre had into Monster Ogre's fighting style just like they did with Jack 6 and all the other Jack's fighting styles.
#3ThePatrickPosted 5/14/2012 3:38:50 PM
^ Humanoid Ogre had the Kannen Sh˘heki move, too. He also had better reach with kicks and less reach with punches. Wasn't his standing 4 more damaging?

But I'm splitting hairs, here. You're using common, mistaken logic that if they decided to include Humanoid Ogre, they would just make him exactly the same as True Ogre. I don't know why them including him would mean they'd have to keep him exactly the same; it makes no sense.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#4NocturneDreamPosted 5/14/2012 5:02:29 PM
ThePatrick posted...
^ Humanoid Ogre had the Kannen Sh˘heki move, too. He also had better reach with kicks and less reach with punches. Wasn't his standing 4 more damaging?

But I'm splitting hairs, here. You're using common, mistaken logic that if they decided to include Humanoid Ogre, they would just make him exactly the same as True Ogre. I don't know why them including him would mean they'd have to keep him exactly the same; it makes no sense.

Because movelists have broadened and there isn't much they can do with him that they couldn't do with True Ogre. Far-reaching kicks? True Ogre could be given a stance or just have his kicks be more far-reaching.
#5InvigorateMe69_Posted 5/14/2012 5:19:24 PM
True ogre looks like a bat with moldy poop thrown on it. Human ogre is an aztec fighting god guy. Pick one

Srsly i wanna s*** all over whoever designed true ogre
#6LandscapeManXPosted 5/14/2012 5:34:04 PM
InvigorateMe69_ posted...
True ogre looks like a bat with moldy poop thrown on it. Human ogre is an aztec fighting god guy. Pick one

Srsly i wanna s*** all over whoever designed true ogre

i'd pick Human Ogre over True Ogre any day.
although it is kinda cool to see how True Ogre looks like in HD Graphics.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#7NocturneDreamPosted 5/14/2012 5:46:30 PM
LOL at people saying Ogre is an Aztec god.

Humanoid Ogre, despite the design, is not based off any Aztec religious beliefs. The Aztecs had no religious beliefs that defined any sort of deity as a person. There were merely two polarizing forces of nature that worked together.

However, I do find the ignorance of people who actually made this claim to be humorous.

Ogre's own history in Tekken is that he's a war tool used by aliens and sent onto earth because they feared the havoc it wrought during some alien war. Only Dr. B knows the truth about Ogre apparently.
#8creep50Posted 5/14/2012 7:36:33 PM
alright humanoid ogre is NOT a palette swap for true ogre....when they but jun in they didnt make her exacly like asuka

ogre is the same thing no one is asking for a palette swap they just give him some of the basic ogre moves and then give him some moves from the other more athletic characters have

and there you have it a character that stays true to what makes him ogre that plays nothing like true ogre
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#9NeonivekPosted 5/14/2012 10:55:19 PM(edited)
There is also the fact that...

Ogre looks a LOT better then True Ogre who just kinda looks stupid.

This is mostly because True Ogre is so hunched over that he just looks like a ball of bodyparts. Honestly Ogre seems more like the upgrade of True Ogre.
#10Dragunov_4_everPosted 5/14/2012 10:56:11 PM
Human Ogre wouldn't have all the flight based stances or snake attacks that True Ogre now has. He could copy different characters. I think that Jinpachi's floating stance would suit him because he's shown the ability to hover. He also has things like Telekinesis, which True Ogre never showed, or even his shield for shield type attacks like Patrolklos in SCV.
---
PSABR; Kratos, Jak & Daxter , Sly Cooper