So how "cloned" do you think the new characters are?

#11Bestia_SomniaPosted 7/8/2012 9:51:08 AM
Ragiroth posted...
Awwwww man, I could've sworn I saw SOME differences with Alex.

There is. None of the new characters are total clones, they're psuedo clones.
#12CyborgTwentyPosted 7/8/2012 11:35:50 AM
Im_A_potato posted...
I guess the clone characters are there you could have one moveset on two guys.

For example: You want two Laws, you've already picked Marshal so you cant pick him again.

What do you do? You pick Forest.

I'm guessing......... everyone here knew that already.

then they need a clone character for every character in the roster to make it fair.
#13Tsuki-ShiroPosted 7/8/2012 12:11:25 PM
It's already been said that these 4 have different moves.
#14CyborgTwentyPosted 7/9/2012 7:35:50 AM
Tsuki-Shiro posted...

it's already been shown that they are still clones for most of the part.
#15Bestia_SomniaPosted 7/9/2012 7:57:23 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Tsuki-Shiro posted...

Can I borrow your time machine and travel to the point in time where you saw most of their moves?

We've only saw a minority of their movelist. The same few moves being used in the few videos we have. So no, it hasn't been shown that they're clone "for the most part".
#16Tsuki-ShiroPosted 7/9/2012 8:24:59 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Tsuki-Shiro posted...

If so, it shouldn't be a surprise, these characters will regain changes (from past tekkens) made to who ever they are based on
#17KenGi1226Posted 7/10/2012 6:27:19 AM(edited)
CyborgTwenty posted...
Tsuki-Shiro posted...

So far Kuni is almost completely original aside from a few traditional Yoshi strings.

Angel is the first Mishima who has a stance and who knows how much that changes her game up.

The teasers showed a whopping 7-12 moves out of an entire 150+ moveset per character, most of which were just BnB juggles.
---
(SJ-Fox) Gaming Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/KSJFoX
20 Super topics under 2 months, GG - appleturnover87
#18LandscapeManXPosted 7/10/2012 6:41:57 AM
KenGi1226 posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
Tsuki-Shiro posted...

So far Kuni is almost completely original aside from a few traditional Yoshi strings.

Angel is the first Mishima who has a stance and who knows how much that changes her game up.

The teasers showed a whopping 7-12 moves out of an entire 150+ moveset per character, most of which were just BnB juggles.

P.Jack already showed a lot of new Spinning moves in the Expro stream, and the EVO match.
and it does say in his Bio that he got upgraded flight mechanics, and rotation in all his limbs.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#19JuliafanAMPosted 7/10/2012 8:42:20 AM
They don't look too different. Don't get me wrong, they're still better than Ken/Ryu (which remain similar despite 20+ years), but eh. I'd say right now, from what we've seen they are 85% clones. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for 1/3 original moves. But making 14 or so clones different from their templates (taking into account balance and variety), along with all the other console development, in a couple of months seems hard. I'm fine with it, considering these clones will also serve players who want to main 2 characters but not learn another completely different character (since 2v2 seems to be the standard for tourneys).
---
waiting for...***Tekken Tag 2, Tomb Raider***
#20kkhohohoPosted 7/10/2012 10:14:58 AM
JuliafanAM posted...
They don't look too different. Don't get me wrong, they're still better than Ken/Ryu (which remain similar despite 20+ years), but eh. I'd say right now, from what we've seen they are 85% clones. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for 1/3 original moves. But making 14 or so clones different from their templates (taking into account balance and variety), along with all the other console development, in a couple of months seems hard. I'm fine with it, considering these clones will also serve players who want to main 2 characters but not learn another completely different character (since 2v2 seems to be the standard for tourneys).

Don't count them as 'clones' just yet. ...Alright, they may end up certaintly have their share of similarities, but at the same time, we've only seen a sliver of these 'new' character's movesets, so at this point, we shouldn't really give a definite judgement on whether or not they truly are 'clones'. I say, wait until the game comes out, (or at least until we see a lot more of their moves,) and then decide how 'cloned' they truly are.