Does this have "beat-em-up" stages?

#1belts24Posted 7/14/2012 7:57:13 AM
I forgot which Tekken it was, but it was a recent one, where you could run around stages with a friend and beat up bad guys like old school beat-em-up games. Will this have that?
---
www.youtube.com/saviorpants - my youtube channel
#2WulfBloodfangPosted 7/14/2012 9:09:12 AM
Well pretty much every Tekken starting with 3 (I THINK) had Tekken Force, which was a beat 'em up. 5 had the same thing, but with only Devil Jin. But the co-op was in 6's 'Scenario Campaign'. Which was the same thing under a different name, for whatever reason.

As for TTT2 having a Tekken Force-esque mode; I don't think anything has been announced yet, but because of the sheer scope of how many characters there are, how many stages, how many gametypes, outfit pieces, etc. AND the fact that it's a non-canon game pretty much DESIGNED to be a tourney fighter... I wouldn't bank on it.

Now Tekken 7... If/when THAT comes out, I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T have Tekken Force. xD
#3CyborgTwentyPosted 7/14/2012 9:26:08 AM
screw tekken force, i just want bowling back!
#4CloudThunderPosted 7/14/2012 9:33:55 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
screw tekken force, i just want bowling back!

---
YOU GET NOTHING,YOU LOSE,........GOOD DAY SIR
#5LandscapeManXPosted 7/14/2012 12:11:28 PM
CloudThunder posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
screw tekken force, i just want Tekken Ball Mode back!

---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#6SpooferPosted 7/14/2012 12:20:46 PM(edited)
Every Tekken game since T3 has had a Tekken Force or Devil Within or Scenario Campaign mode... except for the original TTT. TTT2 may follow TTT's lead and omit it as well. Since it hasn't been announced yet, and since Namco seems to be devoting their resources to things that affect the actual game (chars, stages, customization), I wouldn't count on it.

Bonus novelty minigames like Tekken Ball or Bowl don't require as much dev time, and aren't as big a deal (as they made Devil Within and especially Scenario Campaign out to be...), so I bet there might be an announcement regarding one of these closer to release.
---
Velvet dreams. Starlight beams. Plastic freaks. On the streets.
Take me home. Before I'm dead. SciFi girl. In my head.