So is Gun Jack the only missing character to be confirmed?

#1spyersPosted 7/16/2012 6:46:34 PM
I'm sure Tetsujin would probably be in as Mokujin's alternate if not a character slot.

Other than those two, everyone from the 1st Tekken Tag Tournament would be in this game, correct?
#2Nerwrax15Posted 7/16/2012 6:57:21 PM
Gun Jack is just Jack 3. Other than P.Jack, don't expect to see the other numbered jacks.
---
Clash Of Ninja>Ultimate Ninja. Official 4th Raikage of the NSUNSG Board.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#3LandscapeManXPosted 7/16/2012 6:58:54 PM
yep.

But Dr.B had a character model in Tag1.
And there was also announcer voices for Dr.B (& Dr.Abel / Marshall / Devil Kazuya) found on the disk.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#4Toxic_MammalPosted 7/16/2012 6:59:00 PM
So no Jack 2 or 5?
---
Yeah, I hear it tastes real good when you use it on the FAL, but don't tell the television sets, the kind of ate all of the Doritos, you know what I mean?
#5-Liquid_Snale-Posted 7/16/2012 7:21:48 PM
Toxic_Mammal posted...
So no Jack 2 or 5?

custimization
---
What's in the bag? A shark or something?
"Bipod, my friend. Bipod like there's no tomorrow."
#6silly_sausagePosted 7/16/2012 7:51:41 PM
It really depends on how you look at the Tag roster in regards to Jack models:

There was:

- The current Jack, who at that time was Gun Jack, but now is Jack-6. So we've got that covered.

- Prototype Jack. Confirmed, so we've got that covered.

That just leaves Jack/Jack 2, who are, in my opinion, different enough from their successors in both look and moveset to warrant an inclusion (one or the other obviously), but it's looking unlikely. If they were to add him, as well as Tetsujin, yeah, I think we'd have the complete original Tag roster.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#7KevlarX290Posted 7/16/2012 10:06:43 PM
silly_sausage posted...
It really depends on how you look at the Tag roster in regards to Jack models:

There was:

- The current Jack, who at that time was Gun Jack, but now is Jack-6. So we've got that covered.

- Prototype Jack. Confirmed, so we've got that covered.

That just leaves Jack/Jack 2, who are, in my opinion, different enough from their successors in both look and moveset to warrant an inclusion (one or the other obviously), but it's looking unlikely. If they were to add him, as well as Tetsujin, yeah, I think we'd have the complete original Tag roster.

Jack-6 pretty much replaced both Jack-2 and Gun Jack.

If another 'Jack' were to return; it would be Gun Jack, not Jack-2. But I reckon Jack-6 and P.Jack is all we'll be getting.
#8silly_sausagePosted 7/16/2012 10:28:53 PM
I don't know, to me, Gun Jack was when the Jack models started to turn into the clunky, flying, piston-pumping war machine we have now, where with Jack and Jack 2, they were basically Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator, human on the outside, robot on the inside, and their moveset was much more grounded.

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a lot of potential for something unique in bringing back the original Jack, whereas I can't imagine Gun Jack being brought back as anything more than a P. Jack/Jack-6 clone.

But yeah, I doubt we'll be getting anymore Jacks besides P. Jack and Jack-6 anyway, so my desperate rants are pointless.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#9KevlarX290Posted 7/17/2012 12:59:01 AM(edited)
Ok I see. Good reasoning.

For me, I see Gun Jack > Jack-2 because of design mainly. Design wise, Jack-2 and Jack-6 are the same (camo pants, green tank top, yellow mohawk, etc.) with the only difference being Jack-6 having a more robotic appearance, while Gun Jack sported a unique design. It also helps that Gun Jack has a unique name and isn't called 'Jack-3'. He may be obsolete compared to Jack-6, but at least his name doesn't show it that way unlike Jack-2 lol. Moveset wise, Jack-6 has everything that Jack-2 has (except different basic grab animations). Gun Jack still has some unique command grabs, those Ganryu moves, and FC d+1+2.

edit: Oh wait I think I might be wrong about Jack-6 having everything that Jack-2 has. Jack-6 loss some moves like 1,1,1 and 1+2,1+2 and d+1,2,1,2...etc. didn't he?

Yeah, our reasonings are pointless. Jack-2 and Gun Jack are likely to remain in TTT1 forever lol.
#10NamekianClownPosted 7/17/2012 12:45:00 AM
Technically, Roger Sr.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see him in. We know he's still around, and we have Eddy/Christie/Tiger, so triple clones isn't out of the question.
---
Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn, Shiro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc