Yoshi question!!

#1SoulfidePosted 7/18/2012 8:35:20 AM
Yoshi is one of my favorite characters and i play Tekken six all the time and get beat all the time. The only time i win is just off of the skin of my teeth or if I just trick someone. I wanted to know if any of you have played the arcade version have seen any differences with yoshi in the new tekken. are his movements any faster and does he do more damage. one of the major flaws is that he can't retaliate or punish very well when an opponent screws up or misses. Another thing is I wanted to know if lei wulongs stance transitions a little faster
#2StarBladeEdgePosted 7/18/2012 8:51:40 AM
wrong board. super mario board is in another castle
---
I have the best opinion !''ahhhhjaaahaaaaa''
Put ''ahhhhjaaahaaaaa'' in your sig for good luck !
#3faqbakaPosted 7/18/2012 9:06:45 AM
Yoshi has, and always will be, a gimmick character. To be truly effective with him, you essentialy have to use ALL of this moves and stances to scare, confuse, and trick your opponents. He can't just stick to 10 moves like other characters can. From what I've read, he hasn't changed that much, except he has better recovery on his more useful moves. Which is a huge buff to his gameplay. Like his 1,1 which used to be negative on hit, is now at zero. Tiny little buffs like this all around practically allows him to have a pressure/mixup opportunity that he just didn't have before. HIs new bound move gives him better combo variety and damage. Plus, he also has some new punishers. He's basically a better character overall.

For Lei, I'm not sure if his transitions are faster, but he definitely was more ways to go into them.
#4ElBorak77Posted 7/18/2012 4:00:31 PM
"BY THE SKIN OF MY TEETH."
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#5LordMarvXIIIPosted 7/18/2012 4:02:54 PM
faqbaka posted...
Yoshi has, and always will be, a gimmick character. To be truly effective with him, you essentialy have to use ALL of this moves and stances to scare, confuse, and trick your opponents. He can't just stick to 10 moves like other characters can. From what I've read, he hasn't changed that much, except he has better recovery on his more useful moves. Which is a huge buff to his gameplay. Like his 1,1 which used to be negative on hit, is now at zero. Tiny little buffs like this all around practically allows him to have a pressure/mixup opportunity that he just didn't have before. HIs new bound move gives him better combo variety and damage. Plus, he also has some new punishers. He's basically a better character overall.

For Lei, I'm not sure if his transitions are faster, but he definitely was more ways to go into them.

I love how this is the only serious post here.
#6-Liquid_Snale-Posted 7/18/2012 4:15:24 PM
if people try getting close and comboing you, press Square+O, it's some ultra-fast counter move that'll knock them to the ground.
---
What's in the bag? A shark or something?
"Bipod, my friend. Bipod like there's no tomorrow."