Let's be honest - how many of you are more excited for DOA5?

#41EvilSakuraiPosted 7/21/2012 9:52:25 AM
Honestly, it's going to be hard for me to play ANY 3d fighter after Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown. I love it that much.

But I am buying TTT2. Day 1. Already spent 60 on it at gamestop. It's going to take a while to re-teach myself the entire game (I'm so rusty), but maybe I'll end up actually being good this time. If not, I'll still have Final Showdown. But this time, I'll put myself outside of my comfort zone, and not use Mishimas (well... maybe Jinpachi...).

DoA5 on the other hand? I wasn't interested at all until Akira showed up. Now I'm interested. I'll most likely play it at a friends house (One of my homies is a DOA player), and if it's good, I'll buy it. If not, I'll just let my VF skills work in a DOA environment, which should be more than enough to beat my friends. And if I do buy it, people better fear my Bayman, even if he's low tier again.
---
PSN:omegamarth
VF5: Final Showdown. Main: Akira. Subs: El Blaze, maybe Wolf?
#42ZafinaFanPosted 7/21/2012 9:52:29 AM
truly_FLCL posted...
Meanwhile, in TTT2, they've added a tag system and uuuuh... uuuuh... that's it. Other than new juggles and OMFG, netsu mechancs!!! (preemptively calling you out, guys who think that this is a big deal and a total game-changer), the game is basically T6 all over again. In fact, if you're so inclined, you can pretty much make it T6.1 with the 1v1 that they have now.

i'm know i'm being overly harsh here, but if anything, it's a testament to my passion as a tekken fan and to my disappoint with playing what's essentially 6.5

ZTS_vs_Deck posted...
I love how people are like "it's just Tekken 6 WITH TAG" you know one system mechanic change that changes EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE GAME, from combos, to strategy, to Oki, to positioning, EVERYTHING, but it's just Tekken 6....with a Tag button. LOL

Like are people just dumb? Cause Tekken 5.0 has more in common with Tekken 6:BR than Tekken 6:BR does with Tag 2 U.

---
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
#43KenGi1226Posted 7/21/2012 10:04:29 AM
truly_FLCL posted...
Never got a chance to play DOA4, but from what I can tell, there have been a lot of revisions and re-hauling (not just limited to gameplay) done to this one. (And well, since I've never played DOA myself (save for demos), the new system is gonna be fun learning and playing with, so of course I'm biased, but whatever.)

Meanwhile, in TTT2, they've added a tag system and uuuuh... uuuuh... that's it. Other than new juggles and OMFG, netsu mechancs!!! (preemptively calling you out, guys who think that this is a big deal and a total game-changer), the game is basically T6 all over again. In fact, if you're so inclined, you can pretty much make it T6.1 with the 1v1 that they have now.

And even the characters (save for like, a handful) have the same ****ing costumes and general look they've had since T5. That's three games now.

Oh wait, but let's not forget the worsened customization since T6, yeah! Let's make a bunch of characters using the same generic items that everybody shares to make them unique from one another... wait.

i'm know i'm being overly harsh here, but if anything, it's a testament to my passion as a tekken fan and to my disappoint with playing what's essentially 6.5

You ask us "how many of your are more excited about DOA" but instead of talking majority about why you like DOA, you went off on a tangent to diss tekken tag 2. Why should we take this thread seriously instead of ROFL stomping on it and DOA?
---
(SJ-Fox) Gaming Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/KSJFoX
#44KNITEMAREXPosted 7/21/2012 10:15:19 AM
Can't believe I'm agreeing with ZTS but yeah, saying it's JUST T6 + Tag is ignorant.

And no I'm not hype for DOA. The systems are an uninteresting, canned-out guessing game, character design is bland beyond belief, features like interactive environments are just plain OD

Been hyped for Tag 2 for ages, it's already been established and tested heavily so no worry about huge potential gamebreaking flaws or imbalances. Got a ton of people waiting to play with also. Why not be hyped?
#45iveriadPosted 7/21/2012 11:24:27 AM
I'm more hyped for TTT2 honestly.
---
"There is no justice in using and deceiving people!"
#46stevenbobPosted 7/21/2012 12:13:43 PM
doa5 all it has is vf characters it looks nice the gimmicks I hate. maybe Yosuke Hayashi can prove he can make a good game but after ng3 I doubt it if this game is as bad as ng3 was for me I really think they should replace him.
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#47Hours_LeftPosted 7/21/2012 3:05:08 PM
I'm looking forward to both games a lot.

I would of given the slight edge to DoA5 initially, but with all the recently announced additions to TTT2, I'm more excited about this now.

---
Currently Playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS), Tales of Graces f (PS3)
#48Zero254Posted 7/21/2012 3:38:01 PM
The only thing I am interested in on doa5 is the VF characters being in and the fixed combat that should be rolling back to how it was in doa3.
---
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4318/sadhurtzeldarw8.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1761/sadhurtzeldaburnbh0.jpg
Official Roll player of vs games.
#49mokmok05Posted 7/21/2012 4:23:37 PM
It's okay to talk about looking forward to a different game, but don't diss Tekken in a Tekken board, you're just asking for trouble.

The last time I played DOA was DOA2 at my uncle's place. It was okay I guess, but I grew up with Tekken and Soul Blade so I stuck with those as my 3d fighters. Maybe I'll wait for a while, read and listen to some opinions before buying DOA5, just like SFxT. I'm more hyped with TTT2 and P4 Arena as of now.
#50vega2505Posted 7/21/2012 8:32:31 PM
I'm more excited for DOA5 just because we haven't had a NEW DOA since 2005...Tekken 6 wasn't that long ago.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.