Help on Lili and Asuka

#1BanditOfPridePosted 9/12/2012 6:12:21 PM
Hello, as the title says I would like to seek help on utilizing these two characters. This is the first Tekken game I have ever purchased. I have played very little of Tekken 6 and am aware that Lili is a high risk high reward character.

The main problem I have with using these characters is connecting their 10 hit combos based off their command list along with other sample combos. To add to this, what would be recommended tactics for Lili and Asuka?

Any help would be appreciated.
---
PSN: Narugakaruga
Prefers pretty half-white, half-Japanese women and pretty quarter white Japanese women. :)
#2FullAutoCVTPosted 9/12/2012 6:18:47 PM
Okay, the most important thing with 10-hitters is timing; each one has a special rhythm that you need to get a feel for.The first button presses are usually fast, but they tend to slow down toward the middle. Make sure your button presses don't get far ahead of what she's actually doing on the screen. Just feel the combo out 1 hit at a time, and add more of it when you have the earlier parts down.
#3BanditOfPride(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 7:11:52 PM
So is that the trick behind it then? I've been trying to push the buttons down as fast as possible thinking that it had to do with how fast you press it in order for it to come out. This is gonna take some time to adjust then.

Are there any helpful sites that also provide combo guides and strategies for specific characters?
---
Prefers pretty half-white, half-Japanese women and pretty quarter white Japanese women. :)
#4zero829Posted 9/12/2012 7:15:14 PM
Keep in mind 10 hit combos are useless....they aren't actual combos.
---
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9711/4cebbcec040d6d9c5ed8d25.jpg
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1818/gagaballrun.jpg
#5BanditOfPride(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 7:17:36 PM
zero829 posted...

I know but I just feel like I should get used to pulling them off consistently in training before I actually bother with any practical combos.
---
#6LazyBroPosted 9/12/2012 7:20:23 PM
Youtube search out "Level Up Your Game Asuka" its a tutorial for Asuka for Tekken 6 but it can still be used for Tag 2.
aside from that tekkenzaibatsu has some info about character strategy and guides
#7BanditOfPride(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 8:06:55 PM
LazyBro posted...
Youtube search out "Level Up Your Game Asuka" its a tutorial for Asuka for Tekken 6 but it can still be used for Tag 2.
aside from that tekkenzaibatsu has some info about character strategy and guides

Ah thanks for the video and the link, dude. I'll be looking into them.
---
#8vega2505Posted 9/12/2012 8:13:49 PM
BanditOfPride posted...
zero829 posted...

I know but I just feel like I should get used to pulling them off consistently in training before I actually bother with any practical combos.

Learning to do them will not help you in any way with actually getting better, since you'll never use them outside of training mode. You're better of doing the sample combos then looking up online for some other combos to use.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#9AlexEternalChamPosted 9/14/2012 5:23:02 AM(edited)
BanditOfPride posted...
Hello, as the title says I would like to seek help on utilizing these two characters. This is the first Tekken game I have ever purchased. I have played very little of Tekken 6 and am aware that Lili is a high risk high reward character.

The main problem I have with using these characters is connecting their 10 hit combos based off their command list along with other sample combos. To add to this, what would be recommended tactics for Lili and Asuka?

Any help would be appreciated.

dont' waste your time learning 10 hit combos the only good thing about knowing 10 hit combos is know how they look so u can defend against the noobs trying to use them.

They are virtually useless, 90% of the people who use them in fights are below average players. And without exagerating when i see someone trying a 10hit combo on me is like he is SHOUTING HEY I SUCK and just assault him and rape him lol.

Learn each characters pokes, their punishers and their safe moves, also learn 3-4 good juggle for starters and make sure u don't wiff them.

Asuka and Lili is what i plan on using myself since i like both characters. From personal experience Asuka is a more well balanced character with some good defensive options as well as a very good guess game, while Lili is pretty much pure offence, from what i hear Lili was majorly nerfed but I want to believe she is still good despite being ranked lower tier now.

Although I haven't played the game yet (i'll have the game on the 20th) unless the characters were dramatically overhauled to the point that they are different characters u should be in good standing by learning to play those 2 in a tag team :)

Another very important thing when playing Lili you have to very creative if you face off against a good player because (at least that's how it was in t6) her movement list is pretty small compared to other characters so the good players have a very good defence against her, so you have to mix the attacks and always come up with something new. On the other hand on average and below average players Lili is overpowered and can easily win you matches since a lot of average players find Lili very unpredictable and make big mistakes which costs them 50% or more of their hp.